Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 Management S/W

Hi Guys,

What tools do you use for you MP3 Management ?

I've used a couple (can't remember there names and cant find em) for the following

A) Volume leveling across all MP3's
    B) Renaming/moving the files and directories.

Are there any other things you do to you MP3's

thanks
    Matt
    Why do programmers get Christmas and Hallowe'en mixed up?
    A: Because Oct(31) = Dec(25)

Updating the ID3 tags is a must... as most software, MP3 players, jukeboxes etc use the tag, not the filename, to get artist/song title/etc.

I'd love something wtih some sort of fuzzy searching to help me identify the file locations of duplicates... Grr I have so many.
    My Projects
    sigpic

Comment

MP3TAG - for mass tagging / editing info in mp3's

MP3GAIN - for levelling volume in mp3s.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamC View Post
        MP3TAG - for mass tagging / editing info in mp3's

what he said although I use Tag & Rename for tagging etc.

Brad
        My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Helium Music Manager is a good program to tidy up things..database the files search for cover art etc etc.

A DJ put me on to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Crafty View Post
            Helium Music Manager is a good program to tidy up things..database the files search for cover art etc etc.

A DJ put me on to it.
            Crafty does it help with identifying and comparing duplicates?

For example, my collection started with misc MP3s all mixed together. I then started a best of 80s collection, and a best of 90s.

I then collected top 100 billboard of every year.

To make matters worse I then have the Singstar/Ultrastar songs that have their song in MP3 but I dont want to move it out of the parent folder, as it'll stuff up Ultrastar.

As you can imagine I now have 3 of most songs! Not sure how to best organise them.
            My Projects
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dmworking247 View Post
              Crafty does it help with identifying and comparing duplicates?

For example, my collection started with misc MP3s all mixed together. I then started a best of 80s collection, and a best of 90s.

I then collected top 100 billboard of every year.

To make matters worse I then have the Singstar/Ultrastar songs that have their song in MP3 but I dont want to move it out of the parent folder, as it'll stuff up Ultrastar.

As you can imagine I now have 3 of most songs! Not sure how to best organise them.
              Whichever program you use would have to be told which directories your mp3s are located ? just dont tell it about the ultrastar directories.

Comment

DM I have many "valid" duplicates which seems you do also. Esp with Billboard you might have 3 repeats in 3 years plus the songs in the albums so i wouldnt delete. Unless you have super unorganised collection

Mediamonkey i think can organise
                Pinball Meets...I love em

Comment

Yes Jas is correct. I collect albums but I also have the Billboard stuff and some Various artists so I want to keep the dupes. So be very careful.

Brad
                  My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

I have duplicates in my collection too. Often the same song is on an artist's album and also on a compilation CD. That's why I included the "Remove Duplicates" in Aussie Juke. It doesn't remove any actual tracks, just the duplicates in the singles listing.
                    "Everyone's always in favour of saving Hitler's brain. But when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooohh! Suddenly you've gone too far!"

Comment

http://www.magic-tagger.com/eng/index.php
                      Have to pay for it but it is so simple to use
                      The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamC View Post

Awesome!. Thanks for that. Was just about to start searching for something like that. Works a treat!

Comment

i am very anal when it comes to my mp3 collection

1. All my collection is in artist/album
                          2. All mp3's are labeled %track - %artist - %title
                          3. All mp3's are normalized to 92
                          4. All albums have album cover
                          5. All mp3's are tagged with the correct year, title, album, artist and genre (genre is in the eye of the beholder)
                          6. All covers are named Folder.jpg

Tools i use are...

Covers
                          Album Art Downloader (http://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/)
                          Jukebox Cover Manager (http://home.online.no/~llindga)

Mp3 Tagging
                          Tag And Rename (www.softpointer.com/tr.htm)

Normalization
                          Mp3Gain (http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/)

Mp3 Management
                          Helium Music Manager 2009 (www.helium-music-manager.com/)

Jukebox Program
                          Freebox Version 4 (http://www.freeboxjukebox.com)

How i use this...

Juekbox cover manager goes through the directories and downloads walmart, buy, amazon and album exchange covers. I pick the one i want rename it to Folder.jpg and delete the rest

For the ones Jukebox Cover Manager does not find, i use Album Art Downloader, which i search manually across about 20 different sites

Once i have all the covers, i use tag and rename to correct tagging, i make sure all mp3's have the correct year, title, album, artist and genre (genre is in the eye of the beholder)...oh also i save the album cover inside the mp3. Once the tags are complete i rename all files to %track - %artist - %title

I then mp3 gain all mp3's to 92

Now they go into the collection for Freebox. I do use Helium Music Manager 2009 for doing searches, just incase i forgot to remove certain names ie (Bonus Track). I run this process every month or so...not all the time...
                          Novalak

Comment

Busted!

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/...11364#msg11364

I leeched Helium lastnight. Pretty impressed so far

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Busted!

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/...11364#msg11364

I leeched Helium lastnight. Pretty impressed so far

Brad
                              HEE hEE heee
                              The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X