Volume controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume controls

Hi Guys, I have just started building my first Jukebox and was wondering how everyone controls the volume of the jukebox. I have my PC running into an amp with a slide volume control and not sure how to put the controls on the outside. Anyone have any ideas. Also where can I obtain a TRACKBALL for ny PC to work with aussiejuke software. Cheers CHOPPER

Perhaps this between your PC and the amp:

http://www.audiovisualdevices.com.au...oductid=APC554

Cheers
    Jacob

Comment

ive got my controls on the back panel

power and volume plus a reset switch are all hidden on the back.

though mine is a original machine it seems to done the trick for over 30 years
      you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

What I did on my old juke was add 2 led buttons to the control panel. I had the speakers turned up fairly loud and then controlled the volume via Windows Software using these 2 buttons.

On my touchscreen juke it's a similiar setup and except the volume control is a slider on the screen.

I plan to build a control interface on the back. I currently have a power on/off button but want to incorporate manual sound controls (bass, treble, volume), lighting controls and various input/output devices. I'm not sure the best way to accomplish this yet.

cheers,
        Brad
        My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

You could always route a recess in behind your front face panel and fit the amp behind with the slider poking through as a control
          I did this to mine, wouldn't say it was the best move but it works well and I wasn't aiming for anything professional (first jukebox attempt). I did the same for some of the other controls like bass, treble, balance etc. Being able to use the amplifier remote is nice too (although one to also control the JukeBox SW would be better - next project).
          My

Comment

Thanks guys. I am going to try the volume control knob between the pc and amp. let you know how it goes

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
            Working...
            X