Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Whats best method/prog to rip cd's

I havn't done it for a while but I used to use a program called CDEx (as in CD Extractor). It's a free program and will rip your CD to MP3s or WAVs and it can look up the titles of the tracks on cddb for you so you don't have to type them all out. I'm pretty sure it does the whole mp3 tagging thing as well. Plus once you figure out how the setup works, you can have it sort the CD's into folders according album artist etc. I found it to be great, but as I said, havn't done it for a while.

Definitely EAC, as Brad said. Used to be part of a 'Scene' group and they always used EAC with the "Lame" encoder (had to get LAME separately as it was apparently not legal)

It does, as the name implies, the most exact copies of the source you can get. And will give you an accuracy report at the end.

Awesome guys, thanks.

I like EAC by the looks of it, not sure if it will get album art though. (I cant make that happen yet)

Although maybe WMP could be OK as I can see no need for compression, with the price of HDD's atm.

I think I may just keep the collection in wav and reformat if and when required, i.e. I generally won't want the whole album on the ipod or mobile just a song or two and I'll convert those when the time comes.............I think :o