X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcade Attract Lights Board

This is from David_AVD 's website ....

http://www.audiovisualdevices.com.au...oductid=APC553

This board drives 8 arcade attract lights (lamp or LED) up to a 1.5A total.
    More details available soon.
    This board might be handy in a jukebox .....

What other details can you give us David ??

As you can see, the board is designed and built. What I haven't done yet is to write the code that runs in the micro-controller.

What sort of features would people want? Patterns? Modes?
    "Everyone's always in favour of saving Hitler's brain. But when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooohh! Suddenly you've gone too far!"

Comment

Originally posted by David_AVD View Post
      As you can see, the board is designed and built. What I haven't done yet is to write the code that runs in the micro-controller.

I think a standard chase pattern would be needed, but depending on the size of the micro, a number of patterns would be good. Hey Dave, have you been buying your caps from Altronics?

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by David_AVD View Post

How many patterns can you get out of 8 leds? Probably have to double them up or something , hey ?

Comment

Originally posted by Johns-Arcade View Post
          I think a standard chase pattern would be needed, but depending on the size of the micro, a number of patterns would be good.
          Plenty of room for chase patterns. Maybe a few fixed ones (say 4 or 8) with an auto changing option?

The board has inputs for a three separate button inputs. I was thinking that it could chase the illuminated 0-9 buttons using 4 output groups. The other 4 outputs could drive the other button lamps steady most of the time? Not sure what button interaction would be needed.

Originally posted by Johns-Arcade View Post
          Hey Dave, have you been buying your caps from Altronics?
          Yes, we get a lot of values from them.
          "Everyone's always in favour of saving Hitler's brain. But when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooohh! Suddenly you've gone too far!"

Comment

I take it Dave you could use mosfets to drive higher loads if using incandescent globes?

Yeah I saw the green electrolytic cap and concluded you buy them from the same source as us. They seem to be a very good cap, just unusual colour.

Cheers!

Johns-Arcade.

Comment

Each output should be good for about 175mA if they're all on. (more current if less outputs are on at one time) With standard lamps, that's about 2W (12V) to 4W (24V) per output which should be enough for most juke applications.

I'll get started on the chase pattern code. You guys need to throw around some ideas for how the chasing / steady / whatever states are triggered by some button activity.

If there's enough demand, I'll look at designing a simpler chaser for strings of low voltage (12V / 24V) lamps.

Comment

This looks like a simple version of the LedWiz. Any plans on making your more complex Dave?

Brad
                My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Any and all ideas welcome. I won't necessarily act one them!

Comment

Well the power of the LedWiz is the fact that you can program it. You can program patterns, brightness and colour. Is it worthwhile making yours with a similiar capability or something a little less ambitious?

Brad
                    My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Well the power of the LedWiz is the fact that you can program it. You can program patterns, brightness and colour. Is it worthwhile making yours with a similiar capability or something a little less ambitious?
                      No. Too much development time. I'd never get the money back.

Comment

So what your suggesting is set pattern modes with the ability to trigger them?

Brad

Comment

For an arcade machine, I was thinking of having it chase when there's no joystick activity for a while. Sort of a "screen-saver" mode if you like.

For a juke, it's a little harder as the button configuration is quite different and there's not the same type of interaction.

Comment

As long as the input ports were easy to recognise the installer could wire to the appropriate buttons though.

Brad

Comment

For a juke, the board would be good to run a series of LEDs, such as in Harts jukebox.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X