Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

ebay software - music touch juke software

hi all, no im not thinking of buying it, but has anyone used this one? looks like a neat front end and while i like skjukebox I havent found anything else that comes close yet (well not for free). ive grabbed several others that had good ratings and reviews, but didnt like them for whatever reason.

item 300259689754

cheers :cool:

Edited by Mr Pubstuff

I use partytime jukebox.

Very user friendly and a neat UI.

I agree.. For large collections Partytime is the way to go. I have like 1600 albums on my jukebox and this makes them easy to access. Just a fronted that uses Winamp in the background. I found that they seem to be upgrading there website or something. That program on ebay shows maybe 6 or so albums at a time.. Partytime will show like 20 or so at the same time in small preview album covers.

PT works fine with large collections.. I mean how many more than 1600 full albums do you need.. It uses Winamp as I said in the background to generate the playlist for instant playback.. When it starts up it does take a while to load up all the albums. It does a full rescan each time it starts up.

• Administrators

I have 3000 Albums....and skjuke handles it no problems. It also has the ability to use a static updateable database. Not bashing Partytime....just comparing what I've seen and read?

Brad

• Administrators

I have the genre in the Tag but I don't use it so not sure. acejas used Genres so ask him and see what he says? Also what version are you using? Version 4 and 4.1 had some issues that were never resolved before the project died. Most people use Version 3. It might fix your issue.

What I know is that if there is a "funky" song or album tag-wise it can cause a halt in the database update or scan. Usually you remove that album and re-test. If that fixes the issue you then re-tag etc and put it back in.

Cheers,

Brad

• Super Moderator
I have the genre in the Tag but I don't use it so not sure. acejas used Genres so ask him and see what he says? Also what version are you using? Version 4 and 4.1 had some issues that were never resolved before the project died. Most people use Version 3. It might fix your issue.

What I know is that if there is a "funky" song or album tag-wise it can cause a halt in the database update or scan. Usually you remove that album and re-test. If that fixes the issue you then re-tag etc and put it back in.

Cheers,

Brad

Yes, the database upate was hanging. Will try as you suggest and remove / retag.

Thanks.

I have party time on a dedicated jukebox (I built a copy of the metal station Click here).

I have approx 37,000 songs that are categorised by artists (not albums) but have allocated album covers for each artist.

Never had a problem with partytime and its ability to operate with this quantity of songs.......

well i gave it a go and found i had to put winamp on also, so all done and works well, but partytime just doesnt do it for me as much as skjuke does. i can see the partytime seems to do more and is probably faster, but its all a bit busy on the front end, too small covers (i appreciate they have to be small to fit so many), but i'll look at it again as i didnt look at it too long. that is only my first impressions on firing it up. i did wonder that a different skin like winamp has might be better or other options, but i like skjuke straight out of the box (so to speak).

i only have a few hundred albums, but its easy to use.

Do you blokes have it (juke soft) running on your mame cabs or separate jukeboxes?

http://home.alphalink.com.au/~nbaxter/Images/jukebox07/jukeoct08.jpg

This is my one I built. It's undergoing some changes and upgrades (screen bezzel and front are not on) but basically I chopped it in half for portability reasons. Got all the speaker system built-in so All you need is a power outlet and you have music anywhere. It's built from a P4 Dell system.

http://home.alphalink.com.au/~nbaxter/Images/jukebox07/jukeoct08.jpg

This is my one I built. It's undergoing some changes and upgrades (screen bezzel and front are not on) but basically I chopped it in half for portability reasons. Got all the speaker system built-in so All you need is a power outlet and you have music anywhere. It's built from a P4 Dell system.

Nice! What's the monitor in it?