Speaker Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker Setup

hey everyone again, was just wondering what sort of setup is everyone running in regards to there speakers? As im doing a wine barrel system i would like all the speakers to be housed into the barrel. I really like good quality sound so ive been thinking of two options

An External 5.1 sound card, running a quality set of 5.1 speakers like a logtiech pair or something. All dismantled and placed into the unit.

Or like a home theater amp and speakers also dismantled and placed in the unit.

Now im not a 100% sure if ethire of theses ideas would fit into the barrel so what i may have to do is have 2 of the speakers external and have them pluged into something like a plate that would be connected to the system.

So any advice would be greatfulll. Thanks everyone.

Daniel...

Ive used some Logitech speakers in mine ... they put out a pretty good sound.

Comment

What games are you running, a wine barrel setup sounds like a Vertical classic collection remember all these games were mono, a line out function(from your soundcard) direct to a speaker with a volume pot will be sufficient.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AdamC View Post
        Whats the sound like with speakers like this?. Ive got a fair larger undercover aera that would take a bit of sound to cover.

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
          What games are you running, a wine barrel setup sounds like a Vertical classic collection remember all these games were mono, a line out function(from your soundcard) direct to a speaker with a volume pot will be sufficient.
          Psst ... this is the jukebox area.

Originally posted by LiveToRide View Post
          Whats the sound like with speakers like this?. Ive got a fair larger undercover aera that would take a bit of sound to cover.
          They go pretty good. Been using them at a few of our partys, and took it to the brissy meet at Wokas last weekend, and it was still heard over the top of 6 pinball machines going flat out.
          Last edited by AdamC; 22nd September 2008, 08:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I have a Sound Blaster 5300 5.1 setup in mine minus the center speaker and It works fine. 4 speakers and a sub is plenty loud enough to run music at a party.. People want to also be able to hear themself talk..

Comment

[QUOTE=AdamC;209797]Psst ... this is the jukebox area.

Whoops stumbled through the wrong door, back to normal programing sorry
              sigpic

Comment

So what i might try is this - Ive currently got this card here

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Creative-Soun...QQcmdZViewItem

that i brought for my car PC setup and ended up going down a different path!. So what i might do is run this card with a set of logitech speakers and then go from there. Thanks for your advice guys!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamC View Post
                  This is something I am looking at on the horizon do you have any photos of how you set them up and housed them within your jukebox? I can't recall if there was a photo in your other thread. Is the sub woofer active or passive?
                  sigpic

Comment

Just out of interest, why are you considering a 5.1 setup?
                    www.ozstick.com.au

Comment

I started with computer speakers. logitech something or other, but they don't get loud enough...

Don't get me wrong they were loud but not enough

I now have a dedicated sony amp and sony 200w speakers...

They are now sufficiently loud enough that the wife will after a song of two mouth something at the shed door....(Can't really hear what it is over the music)..

Then the hand signals start...

Comment

Yep Crafty I'll be the same. I have a Logitech 2:1 X230 in mine. They are damn good but distort easily at the upper end. I'm going with a set of Sony Stereo speakers I have. I just need to buy an amplifier.

Brad
                        My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Any particular reason why you go with PC speakers..? Wouldn't you get better results with a car audio amp and some nice 6 x 9's..? Or is it a cost factor..?

Comment

Just thought id get the best sound of a 5.1 setup thats the only reason. Woka money isnt really an issue to a certian degree. For my 21st i rember the guy had a certian high powerd pc amp or somethign in the back of his unit didnt take much noticed and the speakers plugged into the back plate of that and run just like them stage speakers. Anyone have an idea on what sort of item the amp would be?

I was always planning to go somethign other than a pc speaker setup but from previous sujestions thought it may have been sufficent!

Comment

Not sure what advantage 5.1 would give. thats five speakers and a subwoofer isn't it? Makes sense for Dolby Surround sound, but Dolby Stereo I would have thought a 2.1 system would be just as good as the music is only going to be two channels . But then I really really don't know much about this subject, trying to learn but!

If you have music videos would they be in surround sound or are they generally 2 channel as well? Also with the sub woofer, does it matter on placement on a 2.1 system or even on a 5.1 system? I suspect the answer is no but not sure.

god i'm not sure about a whole heap of stuff!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X