Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

would be interesting, though who knows how much interest? I could easily imagine working on a project to build a retro style jukebox, would be fun :) Best bit would be making it all networked and into a media streaming server providing multiple streams so each room could have it's own stream, and then of course a little touchpanel for each room to choose what to listen to, wouldn't be that hard :)

I vote for a separate area, but again, not sure what type of patronage it would garner.

• Super Moderator

No harm in starting a section (don't know how much resource it takes) and if it dosen't take off it could be merged..

Or maybe the 'Mame and General Emulation' could be changed to 'Mame, General Emulation and Juke Boxes'.. And a section under the 'Mame Cab, PinMame and Juke Box Projects and Discussion'

WTF would I know..? I'm only a back yarder. :badgrin

Guest RA40Peter

I would be interested in a seperate area in the forums.

I have a jukebox up and running but am always interested in ways to improve and a seperate area would make it easier to find info.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
Well... actually... vinyl, was what I had in mind. :confused:

But, the more tangents we can skew off on, the more

well covered the ground will be, hey? :cool:

I'm interested but I don't think some of the young'uns know what vinyl is :unsure

OOO I DO I DO! 18yr old who listened to vinyl ftw. My dad used to use the record player inside to play all his records. had 2 huge bloody speaker boxes hooked upto an amp hooked upto it. each had like... 4-5 speakers in em and they were up by the roof

+1 for a jukebox forum, it's been a few months since I finished this little number and am looking at building something better (so will be great to get some feedback):

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/soup001/PDSC02008.jpg

Frankly, whilst I recognise we're not here at AA to copy what everyone else has done... I actually like the way BYOAC has a 'projects' forum (general)... so it doesn't matter whether you're restoring a jamma cabinet, building MAME, building a jukebox, building a DIY pinball... etc

I for one am interested in reading about ANY type of DIY project under the category of 'arcade', and I don't actually believe we have the quantity of projects in ANY of those categories to deserve their own forum on AA.

I reckon projects in general should be merged into one forum.

But, I wasn't so much after projects, as an area to discuss vinyl/cd jukebox repairs, as we do pinball & arcade.

But given what has come out of the woodwork, thought it may have been an advantage to get the numbers for a new section, include hybrids & homebrews.

If there is no plan for a new section, then can you suggest a 'corner' of the forum where it can be discussed? :unsure

BTW soup, that is a 'killer' effort! :023:

• 3 weeks later...