New jukebox software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New jukebox software

OK, the video jukebox software needs a name. I was going to use Vjuke or Multijuke but they seem to be taken! Any suggestions?

Here's where the project is at so far:
    • GUI - very rough (just for testing)
    • Audio playback - mp3 supported
    • Video playback - mpg supported
    • Cover art - folder & default supported
    • Sorting - by Artist:Album:Title or Title:Artist
    • Attract mode - play random track after xx seconds of inactivity
    • Definable media directories
    • Automatically removes obvious duplicates
    • Play delay - leave xx seconds between queued songs
    "Everyone's always in favour of saving Hitler's brain. But when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooohh! Suddenly you've gone too far!"

How about Marmajuke
    Oswald69:

Comment

Any screen shots, David ?

Comment

I reckon any name without "juke" in it. More modern words like "media", eg MediaBox, MediaCab, MediaSlut, BaseBox, BoomBox, MooseBox!

Go Moosey!

Comment

i-box
          My Projects
          sigpic

Comment

ausJuke
            sigh... one for the archives eh vbulletin?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamC View Post
              Any screen shots, David ?
              It's just a few list boxes, buttons and a video window scattered about on a form at present. I like to get the basic idea stable first and then make it look nice. I'm a bit stuck on this one as it needs to look good as well as be functional.

As for the name, how about Jukorama !

edit: Or J-Pod ?
              "Everyone's always in favour of saving Hitler's brain. But when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooohh! Suddenly you've gone too far!"

Comment

Dude, Call it David's sound box for now, there is a lot of interest in trying your beta, we know its just beta so anything will rock.

Moosey rocks.

Comment

What about ekujbox ?

Comment

As endorsed by Yoda eh?

Comment

j-pod is nice i like. tho check other projects probably have it already.

Also put it up on sourceforge so others can help etc ?
                      In My "arcade":

-Gottlieb Stargate Pinball Machine 1995 () ()
                      -U-turn candy dispensing machine ()

More to come!

Comment

Originally posted by shooter View Post
                        j-pod is nice i like. tho check other projects probably have it already.

Also put it up on sourceforge so others can help etc ?
                        I checked for J-Pod and couldn't see any related items with the same name.
                        As for sourceforge, I never release any of my software as open source. Maybe I just don't play well with others!

Comment

Originally posted by David_AVD View Post
                          It's just a few list boxes, buttons and a video window scattered about on a form at present. I like to get the basic idea stable first and then make it look nice. I'm a bit stuck on this one as it needs to look good as well as be functional.

As for the name, how about Jukorama !

edit: Or J-Pod ?
                          I hope your not going to make another Jukebox that uses listbox, buttons and form controls for the GUI. It would be nice to see someone use a decent graphics API like Direct3d, DirectDraw or even GDI+ would look better than form controls.

BTW Have you checked out the other Jukebox software available?

There are a few active Juke developers you can talk to on the BYOAC forums. We have just designed a plugin system for Juke's called JPS (Jukebox Plugin System). You might want to incorporate that into your design.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?board=5.0

BTW What language are you coding this in?
                          Check out our free iOS game .

Comment

As I said, I haven't settled on anything of the GIU yet. Functionality comes first with me. Who knows what it will end up looking like.

Thanks for the link to the Arcade Controls forum. I'll check it out. I have checked out a few other jukeboxes but most of them sucked (to me) in one way or another. Some had some serious flaws, but it could be that I just never found the good ones.

Comment

Now added an internal recently played file list that ensures attract mode doesn't play the same file within xx (20..100) tracks. Also added logging of any errors (missing file, bad file, etc) to a text file.

I'm open to suggestions on what type of interface people would like. I thinking along the lines of WinCab but my art skills are not all that crash hot!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X