What is the best jukebox software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best jukebox software?

I am messing around with WinCab at the moment. It looks good for a singles only cabinet. I am looking for different software that is more suited to entire CDs. I need to control the software with my x-arcade tankstick controller. My other criteria is it needs to be user friendly for stupid relatives. I saw the thread on SK Jukebox but can't find a good link to download from.

Moose.

GameEX

Comment

Mine is definately a singles collection so I'm really enjoying DWJUKEBOX now that I've got it configured... its very flexible and and is working just the way I wanted my jukebox to run.

The only dissapointing thing is I havent been able to find any good (or any 3rd party at all) skins for it, so the choice of 'look & feel' seems limited.

I agree its probably better for singles, although some of the skins look like they're more suited to albumns? You can also change all the sort/grouping orders too.
      My Projects
      sigpic

Comment

SK jukebox handsdown for albums.

http://www.skjukebox.info/

Brad
        My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

I've installed SKJukebox into mine.
          I havent got all separate albums , just put all songs into artists directories - didnt want to have songs in the lists that would never be played. Cuts down the amount of albums that u have to skip through .. ive got about 80 different artists already. = 20 pages.

Comment

Another SK Jukebox fan here. I havent set mine up yet properly standalone but ive had dummies (mates) work it easily on the pc. No problems here with albums / singles.

Im anal with tagging and suggest tag&rename as that makes the job easier.
            Dont know how many pages ive got but it takes a while to get through
            Pinball Meets...I love em

Comment

Forgot to add : i used version 4 the other night at a party on the GFs laptop , and it crashed a few times.
              Version 3 would be the way to go till they do another update.

Comment

yeah version 3 is more stable but doesnt have video capability. No updates as hes given teh project away
                Pinball Meets...I love em

Comment

I have used doscab and wincab in the past it is not to bad there are a few skins for it for album art or as singles
                  The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

I had alot of problems with Jukebox and I have finally settled on MultiJuke ( http://www.multijuke.com/ ) if you want to have a look

Its simple and nice and best of all quick

Not as user friendly as some but with my vista mame box it works the best.

Have a look if you havent tried it, its a good compromise

Comment

You have a Vista MAME box? I presume it's not dedicated !
                      sigh... one for the archives eh vbulletin?

Comment

I find Partytime Jukebox to be the best. I love it.. I've taken my jukebox to heaps of places and people have no problems opperating it with no iinstructions. I just turn the pc on and it starts up and people just go for it.

Link

http://www.partytimejukebox.com/index.html

Works unreal with a touch screen overlay. It's pretty much designed for that type of application.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose74 View Post
                          I am messing around with WinCab at the moment. It looks good for a singles only cabinet. I am looking for different software that is more suited to entire CDs. I need to control the software with my x-arcade tankstick controller. My other criteria is it needs to be user friendly for stupid relatives. I saw the thread on SK Jukebox but can't find a good link to download from.

Moose.
                          Hi, I use and have allways used wincab, it does allow album selection when you use the updated skins... pm if you need help with the config in album mode.
                          Oswald69:

Comment

Rather than start a new thread I'll just hitch a ride on this one.

Suggestions for software for a video Jukebox (to coexist with mame)?

Comment

Originally posted by Brootal View Post
                              Suggestions for software for a video Jukebox (to coexist with mame)?
                              I've actually started writing a Windows based video jukebox myself. So far I've got it to:
                              • Scan a specified set of directories for mp3 and mpg content
                              • Generate artist & title info from directory & file names
                              • Sort them into alphanumeric order (artist : title)
                              • Remove any duplicates
                              • Add all songs to one huge list (working on a treeview)
                              • Allow you to drag songs from there into a queue list
                              • Automatically play songs from the queue list
                              • Display a cover art image from the song directory

It uses Windows Directshow for the playback engine and I have it running on an XP box. I'd like to add the following:
                              • Specify a second monitor for video output
                              • Make a really nice user interface (still experimental ATM)
                              • Store the media list in a database to speed up loading
                              "Everyone's always in favour of saving Hitler's brain. But when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooohh! Suddenly you've gone too far!"

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X