Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D printed lockdown bar

Collapse

DIY section. 3D Printing, circuit board creation and manufacturing etc.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D printed lockdown bar

Hi I am needing a wide body lock down bar and was wondering if anyone would be able to/interested in doing it. Happy to pay of course depending on whether it's economically viable? Sorry, I know less about 3d printing than i do about wiring my VPin and I know nothing about that
    This is a link to an stl that would need to be changed in length? Again is this possible?
    Cheers
    Jason

Download files and build them with your 3D printer, laser cutter, or CNC. Thingiverse is a universe of things.

HI,

That bar is printed in 2 parts and they're already over 200mm long each so not all 3D printers could do them, to extend them to suit a wide body cabinet one option would be to design an additional middle piece but that would make it 3 parts. It seems to use a timber strip to fix them together and little dowels as well. Does the cross section in their photos look OK though? Sorry - not a pinball expert.

Regards, John.
    more from John's Retro Workshop - www.jbtech.linkpc.net

Comment

What width do you need your lockdown bar to be? I have a some that are custom fabricated metal and powdercoated black which may suit your needs. They have an internal width of 632mm.

Cheers,
      Chris

Comment

my cab is 630 wide so 632 would be soooo snug... Also got all the buttons yesterday Chris, thank you How much for the lockdown bar?

cheers

Jason

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
        Working...
        X