Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Adapter to replace SRAM, 18 - 28 pin Pdip

• Administrators

I have been designing adapters for the now very hard to get and ever failing SRAM chips such as the 2114, 2148, 2015, 2016, 2018, 6116, 6264, cy7c185, 8464, 2063 etc and I received the first of my test board back and I am very happy with how its turned out. The boards will be a piggy back design with a top board having the new 256kb SRAM installed on it and then a selection of bottom boards for the different pin out configurations which will map the pins to the required locations.

I put the 24pin socket next to the board to show the size, and the board is also sitting over the pins of another 24pin socket which is upside down to show that the holes line up perfectly. There is a socket on the base board and there will be a plug on the top board. I have pushed a plug into this socket though to test the connectivity and height, and there is no way its coming out now! When the two board are connected together, there is about a 2-3mm so the entire stack should end up being no taller than a normal dip socket with a chip installed.

24pinbaseboard.thumb.jpg.6f05e5f4b39425f59bb121442645d0d4.jpg

• Like 4

• Administrators
I have just sent the 18 and 24 pin base boards off for the first small run of 100 of each. Just trying to finalise the top board so that I can send it off as well. All going well I will have some of these ready in about 2 weeks time.

• Administrators

Although not the final product, here is what the boards will look like in regards to the size. The connectors I have used are really quite amazing. Im really impressed with how well they connect and how much force is required to pull them apart.

length.png.70a35ffcc39c1d9496e2e9cd3c86c8be.png sideview.png.0c94da8f62e424a1e6da6e6d00edc0d2.png width.png.1af279193316a7038d3bc6c7dc792608.png

• Administrators

Juts received a number of the boards I have been making... Like a kid in a candy store.

Left to right: Konami 054544 module, Konami 054986A (messed these up so they will be going straight in the bin), front right 24pin narrow SRAM base boards, rear right 18pin SRAM base boards.

unbocking.png.5a57b8b439021cbed3b4d79c2a75dd7c.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I have designed them to replace the IC, so it should work in any board as a direct replacement. The pinout is matched to the original IC.

I am waiting on the "corrected" version of the base boards, as I made a rather dumb mistake and designed the socket 180 degrees out. Whoops. Should have the replacements in a couple of weeks at most. Top boards are already here and I have a bunch assembled ready to go.

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators
Had a bit of a break over the last 4 weeks from the design work. Im back to it again this week and hope to send the another design off for manufacture next week. Found some issues with the previous design.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

I have finally got some 18pin chips (F2114, AM2148, HM6514, TC5514) 1024 x 4 sram adapters together, and they are testing good on my ram tester. I am now looking for a few people that have boards which use these ic's who are willing to test some chips for me. You can keep them as well.

18pin-sram.jpg.adc7c2a84a132a69ba81e4ddc980fbe5.jpg

Edited by cwispy