Collapse

New Members Introduce Yourself Here.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free $20 coupon, That would have killed them. Should have been a free game to get them in.

Comment

I think opening an arcade now you'd have to (a) own the shop outright (b) not be afraid to lose money (c) be doing it just for philanthropic reasons!

But I'll still come and have a game though, don't get me wrong

Comment

I spoke to Ben at 1989 when he came out to film my garage. He told me it’s just a side gig and he has another job which pays all the bills.
        I think that’s the way to do it, still you would need a lot of money to burn

Comment

Originally posted by MossmanArcade View Post

Mossman as in Port Douglas Shire, yes Hello Neighbour!
          I remember now
          Mossman Gorge is a great place to ride the hired moped and have a swim...
          Also an unlikely place to take a Mazda 121 soft top to Cape Tribulation in the 80's but we did it anyway....(patched the hole in the fuel tank with Minties before we returned it to the hire company...
          Like Skaces resort...
          Too Good To Be True

Comment

Thank you for keeping the comments coming. Love the warnings as much as the encouragements. At the moment we're still looking at music and gaming licenses since my partner wants to build the cabinets himself.

Mick80, we'll expect to see you then
            DAG, oh the stories the Skace Resort could tell...

Comment

my partner wants to build the cabinets himself.
              No original dedicated cabinets?

Comment

Originally posted by DAG View Post

I remember now
                Mossman Gorge is a great place to ride the hired moped and have a swim...
                Also an unlikely place to take a Mazda 121 soft top to Cape Tribulation in the 80's but we did it anyway....(patched the hole in the fuel tank with Minties before we returned it to the hire company...
                Like Skaces resort...
                Too Good To Be True
                I lost a tooth to a fantail once
                live between the flip and the tilt

Comment

Possibly gives these people a shout for machine assistance. They sell and rent. I have not dealt with them but believe they are the only company up here at present. They have a FB page as well.

https://www.amsau.com.au/
                  Wanted - Neo Geo AES games (PM me Please)
                  Wanted - CPS2 game boards (PM me Please)

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_roberts13 View Post

No original dedicated cabinets?
                    What do you mean by 'original dedicated cabinets'? Can't see original cabinets being installed anytime soon, they are hard to come by and rather costly as a start up. Open for suggestions though.

Comment

What do you mean by 'original dedicated cabinets'? Can't see original cabinets being installed anytime soon, they are hard to come by and rather costly as a start up. Open for suggestions though.
                      Arcades used to be full of original dedicated cabinets; a single cabinet had the murals/artwork and internals geared toward one game only. They housed a CRT monitor and a PCB for that one dedicated game. The button layout suited one game only.

Their advantage being that a player could drop a dollar in and they were on. They didn't have to go through menus or ask for help of any kind as the instructions were on the machine and everything was kept simple.

You could set up your arcade with these machines, but you'd be competing against everyone here trying to source them!

Plus you'd need a dedicated technician on hand who knew how to repair everything backwards with a blindfold on.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini2544 View Post
                        If the photo below is this what your planning to do...most of us already have it in our homes or mancaves and we play for free at each others places during covid free meets..
                        DSC_0734.JPG
                        I don't know about most of us, or I'm sadly in the minority.

Comment

I say good luck in your venture. I wouldn't be putting 30-40 year old dedicated cabs on site unless you had repro's made up with LCD screens to make them reliable.
                          The general public don't care about the nitpicking details.

Comment

MossmanArcade How is this venture going mate? Still going ahead?

I was in Mossman the other day but couldn't see where you might be located.

Keep us us all updated!
                            Wanted - Neo Geo AES games (PM me Please)
                            Wanted - CPS2 game boards (PM me Please)

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                            Working...
                            X