Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

best war movie?

best war movie?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. best war movie?

• Apocalypse Now
    • Deer Hunter
    • Saving Private Ryan
    • Rambo 1, 2 or 3
    • Platoon
    • Full Metal Jacket
    • Black Hawk Down
    • Something else

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All time fave scenes were the first 30 minutes in Saving Private Ryan - the rest of the movie was well done but that first set of scenes on the Normandy landings on the big screen were amazing

Other excellent war films: Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, Apocalypse Now, Enemy at the Gates and Schindler's List

Gotta love a good war film :)

soz was writing up a poll....

Apocolypse now for mine - but so many. Kept it mostly to modern wars but couldn't leave saving private ryan out...

does "kind of" war film count?

Heartbreak Ridge :D

Cheers

Jacob

great movie, swede swede swede.

Also love kellys heroes and the good, the bad and the ugly and outlaw josey wales...

Edited by shootar75
Auto Merged Double Post.

• Administrators
Has to be ZULU.

I've watched that a 1000 time's.

ooooooooo, forgot that one. One of the few films where Hollywood's dramatic representation of an historical event was not overdone to the point of sillyness. What a freekin terrifying situation to be in.

Dave

I am surprised no one has picked The Deer Hunter. Born on the Fourth of July is another good one that is worth a mention.

Heartbreak Ridge certainly counts as a war movie, a very good one too! I don't know if the Rambo series would really count as war?

A couple of forgien films that are very good are Brotherhood of War, a Korean film set in the Korean War. And Days of Glory (Indigenes), WW2 film from France. I saw them both on SBS and liked them so much I went out and bought the DVDs.

I am surprised no one has picked The Deer Hunter. Born on the Fourth of July is another good one that is worth a mention.

Heartbreak Ridge certainly counts as a war movie, a very good one too! I don't know if the Rambo series would really count as war?

A couple of forgien films that are very good are Brotherhood of War, a Korean film set in the Korean War. And Days of Glory (Indigenes), WW2 film from France. I saw them both on SBS and liked them so much I went out and bought the DVDs.

rambo III was fighting with the taliban in afghanistan - they were the good guys back then lol.