Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New to Netflix - What to watch

Finally dropped Foxtel after 15 something yrs and signed up with Nexflix

gotta say you really have to dig around to look for shows and stuff to watch

guess I'm used to just changing channels watching something for 30 seconds to see if i like it and if not change again

anyway

looking for recommendations on what people may have watched that was very very good

cheers

Finally dropped Foxtel after 15 something yrs and signed up with Nexflix

gotta say you really have to dig around to look for shows and stuff to watch

guess I'm used to just changing channels watching something for 30 seconds to see if i like it and if not change again

anyway

looking for recommendations on what people may have watched that was very very good

cheers

this is why I havent left Foxtel lol.

I have netflix and foxtel, But I can go a month with out watching netflix, there is Not much content long term. Netflix is Great until you have seen the good stuff.

Some good shows and movies turn up from time to time, now im currently doing the endless digging of going through the Netflix scraps, ahaha,

watching the same shows and movie icons go around and around each Genre, lol

Im thinking about canceling Netflix and coming back in a year to allow time for the content to refresh.

Its very time consuming finding a show, and now im into the c-grade stuff so its time consuming finding the best of the crap.

"the haunting of hill house" is the best, "Ozark" is good, "Happy" is good also, stranger things is good, my missus likes "the Good Place" I dont mind it that much either.

"santa clarita diet" is another one my missus likes and I dont mind watching the odd episode. Altered Carbon is OK not great but certainly watchable when you have nothing else to watch. Lost in space is very average but slightly watchable.

Ps I like Chanel surfing also surfing netflix is very time consuming.

Everytime I consider getting rid of Foxtel, I spend an hour watching free to air tv and Im quickly reminded why Im paying so godamn much money.

Free to air has this stupid Obsession with dumb Reality TV shows. If it was better I would happily get rid of foxtel and have free to air tv and netflix.

netflix.png.7c533a457b0a012c2b123c5c9d2025e5.png

Edited by jason1

• Administrators

Foxtel is only any good if you're a sports nut. We gave that shit away years ago.

I DO live Netflix but sometimes you have to look around for something. Also if you're new to it, it won't have many recommendations for you. It will start feeding you stuff based on what you watch.

Others have already listed some great shows but my wife and I just finished Umbrella Academy. Great series!

Happy mentioned is great

Star Trek Discovery

Mavel's Defenders isn't bad

The Rain was good

The Protector not bad

These are just recent watches. Can't remember a lot of others.

Brad

Some of the shows I enjoyed are

Ozark’s

Animal kingdom

The 100

Sons of Anarchy

Lost in space wasn’t bad

Renovation Australia

The haunting of hill house I know a lot of people liked but I found it average.

There are a few other shows that I have started and after about 4-5 episodes I’m finding myself struggling to to get into it anymore.

Like @jason1 said once you have watched the good stuff you really start running out of shows that are good to watch and you find yourself trolling through the leftover scraps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some great suggestions above

We also enjoyed “Dark” although you have to watch it with the original German language and English subtitles, don’t watch it with the English overdub

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

BLACK MIRROR! You might think wtf after the first episode but stick with it. It’s brilliant :)

Also Travellers is a pretty good sci fi .

And things not specifically Netflix but you can watch there are Archer, Monty pythons flying circus and Rick and Morty :)

Thanks for everyone for the info

shows I like watching is GoT, just finished The Sinner which was pretty cool

honestly I don't have much in the way of what I do watch as mainly I would watch sports or movies

current movies I like are the DC/Marvel ones

- - - Updated - - -

this is why I havent left Foxtel lol.

Everytime I consider getting rid of Foxtel, I spend an hour watching free to air tv and Im quickly reminded why Im paying so godamn much money.

Free to air has this stupid Obsession with dumb Reality TV shows. If it was better I would happily get rid of foxtel and have free to air tv and netflix.

I guess I also have Plex at home so if we need to add shows that Foxtel may have that the kids or us are missing I go download it

I'm on a top torrent site so finding that sort of stuff is pretty easy and would give the family a "fix" of what they may have missed from Foxtel

- - - Updated - - -

BLACK MIRROR! You might think wtf after the first episode but stick with it. It’s brilliant :)

And things not specifically Netflix but you can watch there are Archer, Monty pythons flying circus and Rick and Morty :)

Lol

I just started watching Rick and Morty for the very first time last night

Season 1 ep2 is what I'm up to and I gotta say

I don't mind it!

Some great suggestions above

We also enjoyed “Dark” although you have to watch it with the original German language and English subtitles, don’t watch it with the English overdub

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Ive been meaning to watch it, subtitles dont worry me, I do enjoy the odd Foreign film, Just havent had a day where I was feeling the mood to do the subtitle thing.

so I will likely try this show at some point soon enough, ive heard good things

Yeah the first one I watched where he has to f@ck the pig on national tv nearly put me off lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sounds like an Episode of Married at first sight lol

Don’t laugh but I’ve actually been getting into that stupid Married At First Sight show lol the wife and daughter suckered me into it

Don’t laugh but I’ve actually been getting into that stupid Married At First Sight show lol the wife and daughter suckered me into it

lol

I watched the ad and that was enough for me. F--k I hate free to air TV these days.

LOL.....but I'm also one of the people who loved Enterprise :D

Forgot about Lost In Space reboot. Really enjoyed that one too

Brad

I like Discovery too. More than like in fact, i think it's the best Star Trek since Next Gen.

I hated the lost in space reboot though. Ugh.

+1 for Ozark, Haunting of Hill House.

If you're into Formula 1, Formula 1: Drive to Survive is a must watch. If you're not into F1, but you watch F1: Drive to survive, you'll be into F1 :blink:

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, you've all said that it's hard to find something to watch in Netflix. That's because all the netflix apps have hopeless GUI's except for the Apple TV 2. I've not upgraded to the latest apple tv because of this. Stuff is easy to find in the ATV2 netflix app. See this thread to see the difference https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/97183-Netflix-App-Menu-Layout-on-PS4-amp-Apple-TV-4-4k?highlight=

Free to air TV is on the way out - Its only reality TV (not even thats real most of the time) Ads and beat up news about how to save on your power bill! (Good new thread starter??)

Anyway Netflix are spending good money on its shows and movies and its always getting better

Suggestions

- Stranger Things

-Sinners

-Dirty John ( Then watch the doco after)

-Longmire (Starts slowish but stick with it till the end - Longmire actor is Aussie as well)

-Designated survivor (s1 is the better)

-Travellers

-Glow and Frankie & Grace for some laughs with the Mrs

-Birdbox (Movie)

And just finished Afterlife with Ricky Gervais -Hilarious!!

If you're into Formula 1, Formula 1: Drive to Survive is a must watch. If you're not into F1, but you watch F1: Drive to survive, you'll be into F1 :blink:

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, you've all said that it's hard to find something to watch in Netflix. That's because all the netflix apps have hopeless GUI's except for the Apple TV 2. I've not upgraded to the latest apple tv because of this. Stuff is easy to find in the ATV2 netflix app. See this thread to see the difference https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/97183-Netflix-App-Menu-Layout-on-PS4-amp-Apple-TV-4-4k?highlight=

I saw that F1 docu

loved Senna so thinking of giving that a go thanks

otherwise looks like some good recommendations

will wade through them over the weekend