X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Netflix - What to watch

Finally dropped Foxtel after 15 something yrs and signed up with Nexflix

gotta say you really have to dig around to look for shows and stuff to watch

guess I'm used to just changing channels watching something for 30 seconds to see if i like it and if not change again

anyway

looking for recommendations on what people may have watched that was very very good

cheers

Depends on what you like. Give us some genre ideas and heaps of people will be able to recommend shows.

I'll start with a few. Stranger Things, House of Cards, Black Mirror, Ozark, Altered Carbon.

Comment

Peep Show

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 View Post
        Finally dropped Foxtel after 15 something yrs and signed up with Nexflix

gotta say you really have to dig around to look for shows and stuff to watch

guess I'm used to just changing channels watching something for 30 seconds to see if i like it and if not change again

anyway

looking for recommendations on what people may have watched that was very very good

cheers
        this is why I havent left Foxtel lol.

I have netflix and foxtel, But I can go a month with out watching netflix, there is Not much content long term. Netflix is Great until you have seen the good stuff.
        Some good shows and movies turn up from time to time, now im currently doing the endless digging of going through the Netflix scraps, ahaha,
        watching the same shows and movie icons go around and around each Genre, lol
        Im thinking about canceling Netflix and coming back in a year to allow time for the content to refresh.
        Its very time consuming finding a show, and now im into the c-grade stuff so its time consuming finding the best of the crap.

"the haunting of hill house" is the best, "Ozark" is good, "Happy" is good also, stranger things is good, my missus likes "the Good Place" I dont mind it that much either.
        "santa clarita diet" is another one my missus likes and I dont mind watching the odd episode. Altered Carbon is OK not great but certainly watchable when you have nothing else to watch. Lost in space is very average but slightly watchable.

Ps I like Chanel surfing also surfing netflix is very time consuming.

Everytime I consider getting rid of Foxtel, I spend an hour watching free to air tv and Im quickly reminded why Im paying so godamn much money.
        Free to air has this stupid Obsession with dumb Reality TV shows. If it was better I would happily get rid of foxtel and have free to air tv and netflix.

netflix.png
        Last edited by jason1; 14 March 2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I have just finished watching the doco series "Making a Murderer". Without spoiling it. It gives you something to think about !!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app
          Pinball...I can't get enough !!!

Comment

Foxtel is only any good if you're a sports nut. We gave that shit away years ago.

I DO live Netflix but sometimes you have to look around for something. Also if you're new to it, it won't have many recommendations for you. It will start feeding you stuff based on what you watch.

Others have already listed some great shows but my wife and I just finished Umbrella Academy. Great series!

Happy mentioned is great
            Star Trek Discovery
            Mavel's Defenders isn't bad
            The Rain was good
            The Protector not bad

These are just recent watches. Can't remember a lot of others.

Brad
            My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

I liked the first season of 'Shooter'

Comment

Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

Comment

Comment

BLACK MIRROR! You might think wtf after the first episode but stick with it. It’s brilliant

Also Travellers is a pretty good sci fi .

And things not specifically Netflix but you can watch there are Archer, Monty pythons flying circus and Rick and Morty
                    Danny Galaga- the man with no signature...

Comment

Thanks for everyone for the info

shows I like watching is GoT, just finished The Sinner which was pretty cool

honestly I don't have much in the way of what I do watch as mainly I would watch sports or movies

current movies I like are the DC/Marvel ones

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jason1 View Post
                      this is why I havent left Foxtel lol.

Everytime I consider getting rid of Foxtel, I spend an hour watching free to air tv and Im quickly reminded why Im paying so godamn much money.
                      Free to air has this stupid Obsession with dumb Reality TV shows. If it was better I would happily get rid of foxtel and have free to air tv and netflix.
                      I guess I also have Plex at home so if we need to add shows that Foxtel may have that the kids or us are missing I go download it

I'm on a top torrent site so finding that sort of stuff is pretty easy and would give the family a "fix" of what they may have missed from Foxtel

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by danny_galaga View Post
                      BLACK MIRROR! You might think wtf after the first episode but stick with it. It’s brilliant

Also Travellers is a pretty good sci fi .

And things not specifically Netflix but you can watch there are Archer, Monty pythons flying circus and Rick and Morty
                      Lol

I just started watching Rick and Morty for the very first time last night

Season 1 ep2 is what I'm up to and I gotta say

I don't mind it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tonjo View Post
                        Some great suggestions above

We also enjoyed “Dark” although you have to watch it with the original German language and English subtitles, don’t watch it with the English overdub

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade
                        Ive been meaning to watch it, subtitles dont worry me, I do enjoy the odd Foreign film, Just havent had a day where I was feeling the mood to do the subtitle thing.
                        so I will likely try this show at some point soon enough, ive heard good things

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          Star Trek Discovery
                          Ewwwww

Comment

Originally posted by buttersoft View Post
                            Ewwwww
                            LOL.....but I'm also one of the people who loved Enterprise

Forgot about Lost In Space reboot. Really enjoyed that one too

Brad
                            My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Yeah the first one I watched where he has to f@ck the pig on national tv nearly put me off lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X