Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

AFL Official Thread

DKong

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I would have to contribute to this one ....

Why does Jason Akermanis think its OK for him to even consider opening his mouth. I think he is one of the greatest footballers of the modern era, but FFS man shut the f#$% up. Do people criticise him for looking like a dickhead with his blonde hair and black eyebrows and bum fluff ...... NO !!!!!!!!!!

Why can't he just keep it to himself ....

GO THE PIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought I would have to contribute to this one ....

Why does Jason Akermanis think its OK for him to even consider opening his mouth. I think he is one of the greatest footballers of the modern era, but FFS man shut the f#$% up. Do people criticise him for looking like a dickhead with his blonde hair and black eyebrows and bum fluff ...... NO !!!!!!!!!!

Why can't he just keep it to himself ....

GO THE PIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because he is a retard.

I love Aker! He is funny, I like the way he stirs stuff up and gets people talking! What he says is usual right, just that society has become so ultra-politically correct it's automaticly seen as un-politically correct!

You have to admit, if a well known player 'came out' today, his team mates would see him differently and treat him differently. Some would be 'cool with it', others not so cool. Either way I would find it hard to imagine if a player was treated exactly the same as before.

Imagine what the opposition would do with that info in a game. He would be tormented! So really, is Aker so wrong? Maybe it is best to keep your personal business to yourself? :o

I love Aker! He is funny, I like the way he stirs stuff up and gets people talking! What he says is usual right, just that society has become so ultra-politically correct it's automaticly seen as un-politically correct!

You have to admit, if a well known player 'came out' today, his team mates would see him differently and treat him differently. Some would be 'cool with it', others not so cool. Either way I would find it hard to imagine if a player was treated exactly the same as before.

Imagine what the opposition would do with that info in a game. He would be tormented! So really, is Aker so wrong? Maybe it is best to keep your personal business to yourself? :o

I agree that Aker has been good for the game in not accepting mediocrity from his club, teammates or the AFL, but in today's society where homosexuality is generally globally accepted (by the majority) I think it was out of line (personal opinion of course)....

Did any teammates or other AFL players take offence when AFL Legend and St Kilda Champion Stewart Leowe admitted he was bi-sexual whilst still playing in the 90's when homosexuality wasnt globally accepted as one of life's norms............... NO !!!!!!

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE AKER as a footballer and as an advocate for the greatest game on earth ... Aussie Rules, but just wish he would STFU sometimes ....

I used to like Fev until he became a Brisbane Lion!

I guess Aker is paid to come up with controversial stuff like this. I reckon that is why the Herald Sun employ him as a writer. They know he will come up with something that sells papers!

I wonder if he will play on past this year!

I didn't know that about Stewart Loewe! I remember him, I used to say he looks like Adam Sandler! But missed or forgot that part!

Ian Roberts came out and kept playing in the NRL in the 90's as well, in the end it's a workplace and you tell anyone that they should hide that they're gay while in a workplace and you're gonna be in trouble.

C'mon dockers, a win in a few hours and we've got a 3 way tie top of the table :D.

I find Ian Roberts to be a bit of a hypocrite, he is the 'self-proclaimed' public speaker/authority on all things gay, always has plenty to say about anyone who voices their opinion on the topic. Yet he started playing in 1986, he didn't come out until 1995! Right at the end of his career when he was older, a senior player and didn't have anything to loose. Plus with his size not many people would make fun of him anyway.

Try 'coming out' when you are a first year player, on a short term contract and not 6'5", 112kg like Mr Roberts. I reckon you would be kissing your career goodbye. I would be keeping my mouth shut!

Back to AFL - Looks like Geelong are back, I think have started breaking away from the pack and will be the dominate team again for the rest of the season.

Back to AFL - Looks like Geelong are back, I think have started breaking away from the pack and will be the dominate team again for the rest of the season.

Agree ....... They just flicked the switch last night half way through the 3rd quarter when the PIES looked to have some control over the game.

They are truly an awesome outift !!!!!!!!!!!

I would have watched it but we get terrible coverage here in Brisbane. Unless it is the Lions playing on a Friday night, matches are played at 11:30pm! I used to try and stay up but I'd fall asleep after the 1st quarter, so I gave up.

I hope Melbourne gets a few more wins, they played really well against Brisbane. That was one of the best games I have seen in ages, plus it's always a good game when the Lions loose!

2 in a row for the Bombers, could of really buried Richmond tonight, some promising signs coming from the youngsters which is good.

David Hille BOG and good to see Jetta getting some of the ball:cool:

If you watched the bombers tonight you missed a great game of Melb v Pt Adelaide.

I am not a Demons supporter but I am really enjoying watching the demons this season, I hope they take their team to a premiership in the next few years

Yeah, that sounded like a good game. The Tigers/Bombers game was pretty dull!

The Bulldogs game was good today! I think Barry Hall has the Headlock of the Year award sewn up! :laugh:

obviously didn't see the Dogs game was Hall reported :unsure Dons play the Dogs next week .

Yeah, I saw it. It was still a good game! I wouldn't be surprised if Hall gets off lightly, as he was be badly harassed by Thompson and other NM players. And he didn't instigate any of it.

Some pretty poor sportsmanship by North Melbourne in that game. I have no respect for guys who play dirty like that. Did you see Jack Reiwoldt in the Tigers game, intentionally trying to punch the Bomber in the wrist which was recently broken and still bandaged, and he got a free kick out of it!

Things like that will remain with you for the rest of your career. I now see him and think dirty player! I reckon Barry should put him in a headlock next!

Ohhhhhh yeah!!!!!!!!

What other hoooodoooos can they squash this year? :rolleyes

We're in Adelaide in 2 weeks and then I think we've got the Hawks in Tassie as well at some point. Bit of luck and we could end the year having won in 5 states :).

We're in Adelaide in 2 weeks and then I think we've got the Hawks in Tassie as well at some point. Bit of luck and we could end the year having won in 5 states :).

Which the Dockers did in 2006 when they finished 3rd on the ladder.