Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So You Think You Can Dance???!!!...............Check this out rug cutter......

Collapse

What's hot and what's not.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So You Think You Can Dance???!!!...............Check this out rug cutter......

Filmed in one take in 1943 with the Blues/Jazz legend Cab Calloway this has long been considered the best dance routine ever filmed.
    The Nicholas Brothers were about as good as dancers of the era come.

I nearly popped a sprocket at 2:28, not to mention all of the other times.

Supreme athletes.
    Remember--The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

I think they are Terminators, there is no way a human can do that leap on the stairs, land in the splits from that height, then scissor your legs back together to stand up ! Bloody Dancing Robots from the future !!!!

Comment

That was ridiculous. Wonder how much they had to ice their thighs after that?
      The Barn - 2020 - 7th and 8th of August
      SHPC - 2020 - Pukekohe

Comment

That's a serious case of Flat Pack Nuts!

Comment

Comment

Now that's the way it used to be done

Comment

Originally posted by sleazius View Post

In 1943, it's more likely they had a cigarette and a scotch after..

Absolutely amazing dancers, and a great routine. wow!

Comment

Originally posted by sleazius View Post
                I saw a bloke in Campbelltown come close to doing that routine when he had some ICE last week.......
                oh...hang on....that's not what you meant......

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by loki4101 View Post
                Maybe if we practice we can manage a cover of that routine at Pincade next year mate?....or not.
                ************************************************** *******************
                Remember--The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Comment

I saw sth like this before and I may say, that I really enjoy watching such dances. Considering that I don't really like modern dancing.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                  Working...
                  X