Collapse

Car Discussion

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danny_galaga View Post
    So, just taking that thing off altogether wouldn't give you even MORE visibility?
    Yeah, but then you end up with holes in the boot and we can't have that now can we.
    Bite my shiny metal ass!

Comment

From my demo derby days

Comment

Originally posted by dracer View Post
        shit..... where do i start

XT ute, 351 toploader when i was 17 then as follows at random.
        wb ute 308 4 speed(had about 5)
        xw gs, 351 toploader
        HQ coupe blown 400chev powerglide.
        hz sandman panelvan, 308 aussie 4 speed.
        xb coupe, 351, c4(burnt in fires)
        vy maloo
        vz maloo(burnt in fires)
        wb caprice 308 t400
        HT blown 454, power glide
        xa coupe 302
        currently we have a vz ss. and i drive a gay as holden captiva, im getting an f150 soon, i will be starting some new projects in coming months.
        il put some pics up soon if i can find some

throw us up some pics

Comment

After the Valiant I went the solid HQ Kingswood, mine was brown though completely original bar the sports steering whell, to hang some fish tales " eh EB "

Man that car could slide!!!

Then I bought one of these, with a sports kit, 200kms down the midlands, thing had wings

84 and racing a v12 merc down the midlands with ny dad at 200 km good times .....

and then I went a XY GT Replica ute, dual exhaust, shaker etc looked something like this

AHH then I bought pinballs
          Last edited by DKong; 29 June 2010, 11:17 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
          sigpic

Comment

Renault 10 as a P plater- reliable but not the quickest
            Holden HD panelvan - 192, speco shift, selbys suspension
            Ford Cortina TD xl/e - 250cc, 4 slot - very quick but didnt stop or handle
            Couple of bikes inc. Honda 500 - 4 and suzuki savage x 2 (google those)
            Holden HQ P/V, 4.2, 4slot, lsd, statesman front end, mural tailgate
            Holden HK 161 belmont wagon - couldn't kill it- tried hard
            Holden HQ 5.0 trimatic P/V with full selbys suspension and custom comfort zone for the drive-ins
            Chrysler Charger R/T E38
            Mitsubishi L200 4X4 - to go around OZ - needed a 2.6 engine and a nother gear for the long straight roads of OZ
            Ford falcon S/W XB - ex air force to get me around Darwin after I sold the 4X4. The XB got lost off Perrin Islands while on a fishing trip with workmates and to this day is an artificial reef /eyesore - depends on the long tide. Not my finest moment.
            Holden HQ S/W 173 - 3 on the tree- Got me home from darwin but went to the wreckers 'cause of animal damage on the trip
            Charger was still at home - drove that for awhile
            Holden HK premier 307 chev -powerglide -great car - bought another 2 cars to make this one up
            Toyota Corona RT-104 - good start for the family
            Commodore VH S/W - 2nd kid on the way
            Commodore VH SL/E - kids a bit older
            Commodore VH SL/X- 4.2 - Dad needs grunt to tow boat
            Commodore VH vacationer - work car
            Holden VR acclaim - time for mor room for the family
            " VS Statey - nice car a nd many k's clocked up doing hols etc with teenage kids - got written off by hail
            Holden VS statey with S/Charger and FE2 Nice family car
            PRESENT - Holden VY SS ute - handy for pins and moving my now older girls furniture around
            http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Originally posted by JPD View Post
              Renault 10 as a P plater- reliable but not the quickest
              Holden HD panelvan - 192, speco shift, selbys suspension
              Ford Cortina TD xl/e - 250cc, 4 slot - very quick but didnt stop or handle
              Couple of bikes inc. Honda 500 - 4 and suzuki savage x 2 (google those)
              Holden HQ P/V, 4.2, 4slot, lsd, statesman front end, mural tailgate
              Holden HK 161 belmont wagon - couldn't kill it- tried hard
              Holden HQ 5.0 trimatic P/V with full selbys suspension and custom comfort zone for the drive-ins
              Chrysler Charger R/T E38
              Mitsubishi L200 4X4 - to go around OZ - needed a 2.6 engine and a nother gear for the long straight roads of OZ
              Ford falcon S/W XB - ex air force to get me around Darwin after I sold the 4X4. The XB got lost off Perrin Islands while on a fishing trip with workmates and to this day is an artificial reef /eyesore - depends on the long tide. Not my finest moment.
              Holden HQ S/W 173 - 3 on the tree- Got me home from darwin but went to the wreckers 'cause of animal damage on the trip
              Charger was still at home - drove that for awhile
              Holden HK premier 307 chev -powerglide -great car - bought another 2 cars to make this one up
              Toyota Corona RT-104 - good start for the family
              Commodore VH S/W - 2nd kid on the way
              Commodore VH SL/E - kids a bit older
              Commodore VH SL/X- 4.2 - Dad needs grunt to tow boat
              Commodore VH vacationer - work car
              Holden VR acclaim - time for mor room for the family
              " VS Statey - nice car a nd many k's clocked up doing hols etc with teenage kids - got written off by hail
              Holden VS statey with S/Charger and FE2 Nice family car
              PRESENT - Holden VY SS ute - handy for pins and moving my now older girls furniture around
              You have had more cars than girls then
              sigpic

Comment

Sorry but being the old Fart that I am I can neither confirm or deny your line of thought.
                Forgot to mention the Austin 1800 AUTOMATIC that was the oldies car that I used for pracitise on L's _what a Dog of a car- comfy ride and seats though- Had a minor accident with that car and was written off. The Driving instructors car was a Datsun 1600 - Fantastic car!! . My parents then bought a Renault 16TS - Now that was fun.
                http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

haa love it i said same thing to my missus as she thinks shes going to sell them all when i die what worries me is im 40 and shes 28 so told her i want to be burried in 1 lol so she cant sell it , for some reason most women not all just dont get the fever for pinny and cant understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                    Nice to see a fine example thats not blue Did you sell it to a young punk?
                    Thanks mate, dad and son came and picked it up. Not sure who wrote it off but I am guessing the son.

Originally posted by WOKA View Post
                    "bet that makes it go fast"
                    Can you explain to me how any wing makes a car "go fast" I would assume a change of engine might, maybe gearing for changing accel.

Link

the wing is from a 22B, not some tacked on chinese mecano set ricer wing.

The ol' wanker wing! Apparently a GOOD wing on a sedan will generate about 40 kg of downforce at 200 km/h. The function is exponential to speed, so at 100 km/h (which is more like the speed you would tend to be doing) the downforce is maybe 6 or 7 kg. Put another way, about 10 litres of fuel. So to have the same pressure over the back wheels at highway speed AND be more streamlined, all you need to do is keep 10 litres more fuel in the tank than you normally do! Or a Bessa block in the boot
                    Not the same in my case, but I will let Subaru know that "danny galaga" from old AA would like to discuss aero dynamics with their engineers regarding how useless the wanker wing is. my top speed (lets not debate morals) was 180KM/H can you guessimate the downforce for me bearing in mind the wing is adjustable and has 3 seperate positions.

Originally posted by Viper View Post
                    Actually the STi wing was better than the stock WRX wing on the 99/00 models because the stock wing was right in the middle of the rear screen and was a pain to see through. By adding the STi wing you ended up with more visibility. Not that this has anything at all to do with why most people fitted one.
                    your correct, i fitted one simply to change the look of the back end.

So, just taking that thing off altogether wouldn't give you even MORE visibility?
                    yeah and in the process it would look retarded. some might say "fully hectic!"

Originally posted by Viper View Post
                    Yeah, but then you end up with holes in the boot and we can't have that now can we.
                    I dont know, some might like the rain coming in the boot.
                    Last edited by LOTR4U; 30 June 2010, 06:01 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.

Comment

Originally posted by LOTR4U View Post
                      Thanks mate, dad and son came and picked it up. Not sure who wrote it off but I am guessing the son.

Can you explain to me how any wing makes a car "go fast" I would assume a change of engine might, maybe gearing for changing accel.

Link

the wing is from a 22B, not some tacked on chinese mecano set ricer wing.

Not the same in my case, but I will let Subaru know that "danny galaga" from old AA would like to discuss aero dynamics with their engineers regarding how useless the wanker wing is. my top speed (lets not debate morals) was 180KM/H can you guessimate the downforce for me bearing in mind the wing is adjustable and has 3 seperate positions.

your correct, i fitted one simply to change the look of the back end.

yeah and in the process it would look retarded. some might say "fully hectic!"

I dont know, some might like the rain coming in the boot.
                      I estimate 36 kg downforce

My guess it would handle as well (if not better) at 180 km/h in a straight line without a wing.

If the wing is aftermarket, it may be anything from say 40 kg at 200 km/h to -40 kg at 200 km/h. You aren't playing with 'remote airflow' back there like you are in a Plymouth Roadrunner

I've been seeing some ricers whose owners have realised the wings are pointless. They've taken them off and just put little plugs in the holes. I've seen some nice skyliney type cars that look so much better without them.

Anyway, It's no big deal either way. People laugh at my car, I laugh at others. Of course, I'm getting a LOT of laughter now that it's broken down and I'm riding a bicycle to work in 8 degree weather
                      Danny Galaga- the man with no signature...

Comment

1921 model T sports coupe my dad owns fully restored

nothing beats wearing a dead rabbit hat and flying googles
                        you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

Originally posted by narf_ View Post
                          1921 model T sports coupe my dad owns fully restored

nothing beats wearing a dead rabbit hat and flying googles
                          pics please
                          Danny Galaga- the man with no signature...

Comment

Originally posted by narf_ View Post
                            flying googles

Matthew

Comment

oops goggles
                              you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

most pictures i had were lost in the fires.
                                Attached Files
                                <a href="www.priceearthmoving.com.au">mini excavator hire and constructions </a>

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X