Car Discussion

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford's Unloved Child: The AU Falcon

Quality production.

From a time where one of an Aussie’s biggest worries was what the latest Falcon or Commodore looked like.
    Ford never quite recovered the ground lost to Commodore after the AU.

Comment

Great video, I really enjoyed that!

The base model grill killed it for sure. But the XR front end looked the goods in race trim

Comment

I had my 2000 AU II Futura for 18 years never missed a beat. Super reliable ugly as sin I just thought the video was fantastic, I'll have to look at his others.

Comment

Thread ban on anything to do with AU!
          PINBALL gotta love it

"There's no such thing as too much bling"

Comment

Great video !
            I've had a lot of Fords and the AU III SR was one of my best !
            sigpicArcade Parts: www.vadership.com

Comment

Barry! Poor fly.

Comment

I miss my au xr6

Got rear ended and sold at auction

About 8 months later got a letter stating it was impounded for unlicensed driving

Au were roaches but tough as them too and refuse to die
                you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/aufalcons/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Just my opinion, with so much opportunity here, having no car manufacturing facilities has opened the flood gates for imports to take over, you can already see Mustangs, 4 X 4 starting to flood the market, prices are starting to come down and options are going up.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by angs1957 View Post
                        Just my opinion, with so much opportunity here, having no car manufacturing facilities has opened the flood gates for imports to take over, you can already see Mustangs, 4 X 4 starting to flood the market, prices are starting to come down and options are going up.
                        Before you get too excited, have a look at the ANCAP rating for the newer car models available.
                        It still pays to stay with the brands that are well established here, not talking Holden or Ford necessarily.
                        Also have a good hard look at insurance premiums before committing to any particular cars, you would be surprised how much difference there is between different Country/Continent of origin there is.

Comment

Having being in the auto trade for over 25 years at the time there are three rules when I go to buy another car;

1 - NEVER buy the 1st run of any model. i.e, VN commodore, Au falcon, TM magna etc. - They are so packed with hype and absolutely full of enginerring problems.

2 - Buy the last of a model run - usually got the bugs out by then. Silly case in point is when GMH couldn't meet emission standards for the VK and the VL had the sweet nissan engine= beutiful mix

3 - don't buy new.
                          http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

The AU was Ford Australia's Edsel. Here is Ford America's Edsel..

Comment

Originally posted by Autosteve View Post
                              shame the edsel badge spoils the look of the front grill

Sent from my SM-A520F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X