Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Ford's Unloved Child: The AU Falcon

Arcade King

Just my opinion, with so much opportunity here, having no car manufacturing facilities has opened the flood gates for imports to take over, you can already see Mustangs, 4 X 4 starting to flood the market, prices are starting to come down and options are going up.

Just my opinion, with so much opportunity here, having no car manufacturing facilities has opened the flood gates for imports to take over, you can already see Mustangs, 4 X 4 starting to flood the market, prices are starting to come down and options are going up.

Before you get too excited, have a look at the ANCAP rating for the newer car models available.

It still pays to stay with the brands that are well established here, not talking Holden or Ford necessarily.

Also have a good hard look at insurance premiums before committing to any particular cars, you would be surprised how much difference there is between different Country/Continent of origin there is.

Having being in the auto trade for over 25 years at the time there are three rules when I go to buy another car;

1 - NEVER buy the 1st run of any model. i.e, VN commodore, Au falcon, TM magna etc. - They are so packed with hype and absolutely full of enginerring problems.

2 - Buy the last of a model run - usually got the bugs out by then. Silly case in point is when GMH couldn't meet emission standards for the VK and the VL had the sweet nissan engine= beutiful mix

3 - don't buy new.

• 2 weeks later...