Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

European driving holiday

Collapse

For everything other than Pinball and Arcade.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrissyGuy View Post
    You’ll have a great time no doubt. I’m already in the UK. Doing my first European road trip mid June with a large group.
    Im sure we will have a hoot, meeting up with a old neighbor in England, so we will experience a good old English pub meal and he will show us some sights.

I will have to contact a Car yard in Scotland over the weekend and arrange our wheels, we need to have all paperwork done by the time we get there so we can start our road trip, plus I have to book some ferry's and they want a make of car and rego.
    i have been checking out a few yards over there on Gumtree, and 1 stands out as being pretty good with his advertising and reviews, so Ill call them and buy a car over the phone sight unseen, I know thats a bit risky but ill just have to trust that they wont do the wrong thing by us, plus being a mechanic im sure I can fix most stuff if need be.

Comment

Scotland Getz 1.jpg
      Nothing fancy but it will do the same job as anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by prktkljokr View Post
        https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=148835
        Nothing fancy but it will do the same job as anything else.
        She'll do the job.

I've hit a snag with my plans. Insurance is a bigger drama for me compared to 2016. Seems the rules have toughened up for non residents and my choice of car hasn't helped either. Not looking good for my fully paid first rally that starts this month.

Comment

Originally posted by BrissyGuy View Post
          She'll do the job.

I've hit a snag with my plans. Insurance is a bigger drama for me compared to 2016. Seems the rules have toughened up for non residents and my choice of car hasn't helped either. Not looking good for my fully paid first rally that starts this month.

Comment

I've got an Audi RS3 waiting. All depends on the insurance now, but I think we can get a deal done.

Comment

Well 3 days and im off, found some good apps to use while away.
              One that has taxi drivers bidding for your transfers to and from the airports around the world, more than likely saved a few bucks called gettransfer,com
              You can pick from Economy, Comfort and Luxury, we have one picking us up from airport in Dubai, taking us 31 ks for $27 in a new Lexus under comfort, then 1 taking us to the airport 2 days later for the same amount.

If anyone has any good apps to use, I would be glad to hear of them, when you search for travel apps you get the same trip adviser, airbnb ect...

Comment

Im off, next stop Dubai

Comment

Im off, next stop Dubai
                  Enjoy

Oldman is off to europe tonite for hockey championships

Hopefully not same plane a snores like a truck with no exhaust
                  you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

Im in Glasgow, drove from Edinburgh after we picked up the car from Balerno, seems ok, have not come across any arcades yet, off to Penrith tommorow, doubt if ill find one there either, fish and chips are a little different thick wedge chips.

Comment

Got back yesterday from my first road trip of the year. Covered 3800 kms over six days. Uk-France-Italy-Austria-Switzerland-Germany-Belgium.

Incredible road trip again with some amazing people.

- - - Updated - - -

Off on another one in just over a week.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome, I have seen some great stuff so far, have made it to Blackpool, bought a kilo of rock �� blackpool rock candy that is, to bring back for the kids.
                        Spent a few hours at the arcades here, they are on pretty much every corner, mostly coin pushers, claw & redemption machines.
                        I will post up some pictures later tonight when I upload the pics off my phone, heading to Manchester tommorow.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yeah they love those coin machines. I was at the Brighton Pier a few weeks ago and the arcade hall was full of them. Not a single pinball machine in sight. The only pinballs I've seen on my travels were two late model Stern games in a sports bar in Switzerland last week.

Comment

Yeah there was a ghostbusters on the pier here in Blackpool, it was the only pinball ive seen so far.

Comment

Yeah there was a ghostbusters on the pier here in Blackpool, it was the only pinball ive seen so far.
                              Spent a few months in London with my step son and he put me onto The Four Quarters arcade bar. They now have two as they have been very successful.

website7.jpgfour_qarters_interiors_00049.jpg
                              Attached Files
                              Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer....

Comment

Ill have to look it up when we are close

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X