Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Do you get the Flu needle?

Do you get the Flu needle?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get the Flu needle?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in a hospital (so we get them for free) and they encourage us all to get them (they even walk around our office's with a trolley doing them). Heaps of us get them and no one I work with has ever had a single side effect (I did once talk to a lady that said she gets a runny nose for a day or two from it but she was a patient not an employee). No feeling sick, no flu like symptoms (which can occur in some people however it is not possible that it will give you the flu). The needle itself is the least painful needle I have ever had.

I heard the FBI are behind creating a drug that is mixed with the flue shot, that eventually turns those peolple into walking zombies ready to reap carnage at the wave of a hand.

People do get a bit mixed up with the flu shot and what it is for...

Some people get the shot then complain it doesn't work as they

Still catch a bad cold after getting it...

It is made to stop you getting the flu... Not a common cold...

Think most people only get the flu once or twice in a lifetime..

And if you get it when your really old it will probably kill you..

The flu takes like 3 weeks to get over... Very nasty shit

Nothing like your common cold

It's pretty well compulsory if you're frontline staff in NSW.

I've had it, bit of generalised malaise and swollen lymph glands but nothing drastic.

Given it's a split virion vaccine, it's not possible to get the 'flu from it in any case.

Since the vaccine only contains the three most likely strains for the year, there's no guarantee you won't be exposed to another 'flu virus and get sick later, but it's better than nothing.

I heard the FBI are behind creating a drug that is mixed with the flue shot, that eventually turns those peolple into walking zombies ready to reap carnage at the wave of a hand.

I have heard similar stories, where the govt uses as a way to test drugs on parts of the population. The freakin govt is not going to get me as I never get the thing! :lol

Wouldn't even consider it, basically mass poisoning to dumb us down a little bit more and generate millions of dollars of income for what ever corporations. Like someone said you may ( if at all ) get a genuine flu once or twice in a lifetime.

Nup , never ,ever had one.

My oldies (rip) use to have it as "protection". Unfortunately never did them any help at all. In fact, to me I think it actually lowered their resistance to the "bug"

When they got all jumpy last year and quickly came up with the latest flu vaccine, they mutated it from live virus for the first time. Now that is a bit scary.

Besides.... get the flu... get time off work...... get better. How much more "gooderer" can it get. Threw that word in for the Grammar Nazis. I was going to

use 'more betterer', but I believe that one is taken. aaaahchoooo

When they got all jumpy last year and quickly came up with the latest flu vaccine, they mutated it from live virus for the first time. Now that is a bit scary.

Besides.... get the flu... get time off work...... get better. How much more "gooderer" can it get. Threw that word in for the Grammar Nazis. I was going to

use 'more betterer', but I believe that one is taken. aaaahchoooo

Funny as, sell employed people don't seem to get "sick" as often

• 4 years later...

I work with children and I'm asthmatic both of which put me in a higher risk category so I usually get the flu shot. Last year I did not get the flu shot and last year was the first time I've had the flu in a long time which led to a chest infection which is difficult with my asthma. Ended up on prednisolone (which sucks) and a few days where I probably should've gone to hospital.

All these things are correlation, not causation and this year's flu shot may well not have protected me anyway by all accounts but I will making time to get the jab this year.

My wife works with the elderly & all staff are required to have the flu jab. Funny thing is she gets the flu every time & I don't have the flu injection & I don't get the flu at all.

I'd say spending lots of time around sick people is bad for her.