Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What do you collect?

I was collecting those $2 simpsons figures that they sell in Target & Coles (see http://www.tpf.com.au). They are now apparently sold out! I got the whole of the 3 series, even the rare ones.... I was quite proud of myself.... WAS being the appropriate word here as I recently went into K-Mart and saw the whole set for sale! It was in a collectors box, with an extra limited edition figure AND.... wait for it.... was cheaper than going and buying each figure seperatly!!!! What a rip .... What is the point of bringing out the figures seperatly, making you hunt for the supposed "rare" figures then just bring out the whole set to buy a month later!!! Why not release the collectors set from the start!!!

Anyways... Thats my little winge and thats what I (used to) collect!

Smit

I was collecting those $2 simpsons figures that they sell in Target & Coles (see http://www.tpf.com.au). They are now apparently sold out! I got the whole of the 3 series, even the rare ones.... I was quite proud of myself.... WAS being the appropriate word here as I recently went into K-Mart and saw the whole set for sale! It was in a collectors box, with an extra limited edition figure AND.... wait for it.... was cheaper than going and buying each figure seperatly!!!! What a rip .... What is the point of bringing out the figures seperatly, making you hunt for the supposed "rare" figures then just bring out the whole set to buy a month later!!! Why not release the collectors set from the start!!!

Anyways... Thats my little winge and thats what I (used to) collect!

Smit

Yes that was disappointing..Trends like that have caught me out in the past so i decided not to collect those even though i came very close on a few occasions. They released a set in a plastic case limited to only 300 worldwide with all 3 series (were selling as high as $200 on ebay!).. I thought wow wouldn't that be cool to have but again something inside me said no. Then a few weeks later guess what they bring out that set you mentioned with a gold homer. If you wait a month or 2 those sets will get really cheap. Now i'm very carefull with what i collect.

Besides from Cabs, pokies & Pinnies

Kiss Stuff & lots of it :D

Actually I have got rid of a lot , and don't really collect anything new that they flog off ,mostly older stuff.

I also got McFarlane figurines Kiss, AC/DC,Hendrix, Maiden,Doors and am waiting on Slash.

Concert Dvd's you name it , I prob got it !

Used to collect guitars, but had to sell alot of them. :cry

i also got screwed on those simpsons toys, what a waist of time. where do you buy these so called kiss and ac/dc fugres cause they sound sweet. ac / dc rock!

A mate of mine has a CD store AND he also imports and sells a STACK of those figures - he is in Dapto NSW ( near Wollongong ) - this is his website for the figures - http://www.ozactionfigures.com - due to the CD store commitments he has not updated his action figure site for about 6 months BUT you will get a good idea of what he has to sell-

Kiss, Crue, maiden , etc etc.

He can ship direct and he is a great guy - his name is Greg if you wanted to contact him. His email address is gtomes@vtown.com.au

LP's and arcade related stuff like backglasses and playfields

Hey Ace, you may be able to help me out with something I bought at an auction awhile back

It is a KISS throw rug with the covers of the1978 solo albums. It looks great however i cannot find reference to it in a KISS collectable book i found.

You have any idea what it is (besides a rug)

Ric

A mate of mine has a CD store AND he also imports and sells a STACK of those figures - he is in Dapto NSW ( near Wollongong ) - this is his website for the figures - http://www.ozactionfigures.com - due to the CD store commitments he has not updated his action figure site for about 6 months BUT you will get a good idea of what he has to sell-

Kiss, Crue, maiden , etc etc.

He can ship direct and he is a great guy - his name is Greg if you wanted to contact him. His email address is gtomes@vtown.com.au

I've actually bought some stuff from Greg. He's pretty reliable.

I used to collect McFarlane horror figures, but now they've been superceded by Neca collectables, so I collect those horror figures eg Fri13th, Halloween, Hellraiser etc. I eventually hope to collect all 3 of the Sunstar 1:18 Deloreans from BTTF. I don't get as many anymore, as it's not a cheap hobby.

I also collect retro games, movie posters (well over 100 so far), X-files stuff from time-to-time (pretty cheap nowadays) and DVDs :D

I've collected so many different things over the years. Usually i get say 75% of the collection and then just lose interest.

Things like basketball cards. Don't know why everyone went crazy over these for a period of time. I wasn't even interested in the game but felt the need to pay $5 for pack of 10 cards or whatever. Did spark me to play basketball for a whole season though.

I can relate to you guys what happened with the simpson figures. I was collecting soccer team badges, there would be thousands of different ones. Anyway most are probably $5-$10 and issued by the team. But then i noticed sellers have different packages like these which are obviously rip off's but you can't tell the difference.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/UEFA-European-FA-Football-Badge-Soccer-Pin-Set-05-06_W0QQitemZ7196305066QQcategoryZ2887QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Luckly i only had a few doubles after buying a few of these different sets, but it was enough to make me lose interest.

Mega cd games was a big thing i was collecting for a while when i first discovered ebay.

Probably about a million different things which i can't thing of at the moment, i'd have to look around

I used to collect trading cards back in the day, plus those Magic the Gathering cards. I've still got shipload of cards floating around the place, star wars etc.

I also collect the original star wars toys, got a pretty big collection now, and the best part is that i got most of em when they were on the throw out tables at places like myer etc when i was young!

Currently im into collecting japanese sega saturn games, but that has slowed down since i got into arcade stuff.

I bought those damn simpsons figurins for my gf. spent ages chasing down the rare's etc. ended up getting the whole set.

I have also started collecting japanese video game figurines (gashpons)

LP's and arcade related stuff like backglasses and playfields

Hey Ace, you may be able to help me out with something I bought at an auction awhile back

It is a KISS throw rug with the covers of the1978 solo albums. It looks great however i cannot find reference to it in a KISS collectable book i found.

You have any idea what it is (besides a rug)

Ric

Hi Ric,

Don't collect everything kiss but I have friends who do...I will ask

In the mean time go here...If this one is the same as yours, email them and ask

http://cwalega.echoes.net/kiss-photo-gallery.htm