Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

SA - Getting the Victoria Treatment

Crafty

Well here we go....

South Australia will enter a full Melbourne-style lockdown as authorities desperately attempt to stem an imposing second wave of COVID-19 cases.

Premier Steven Marshall announced on Wednesday that sweeping new restrictions will be put in place almost immediately to restrict movement and slow the virus’ spread.

Just two new cases were linked to the Parafield cluster overnight, but Chief Public Health Officer Professor Nicola Spurrier says the measures are necessary as the state battles a fast-spreading strain of the virus.

Restriction changes

Effective from 11.59pm Wednesday the following rules will come into effect for six days:

Shut down:

• All schools except for children of essential workers
  • Takeaway food
  • Universities
  • Pubs, cafes, food courts and coffee shops
  • Elective surgery
  • Open inspections
  • Outdoor sport and physical activity
  • FIFO workers
  • Regional travel
  • Aged care and disability care in lockdown
  • Factories, other than food or medical products, unless necessary
  • Construction industry
  • Holiday home lease or rental
  • Weddings and funerals
  • Outdoor sport
  • Masks mandatory in all areas outside the home

Can't believe this !!!! Corona, isn't going anywhere and now the Mainstream Media will pile on with dramatic news stories that go on and on....

There is no cure for Viruses!!!!

The flu every year kills thousands - WHICH IS A TRAGEDY - and that's with a vaccination program. Yet every year it still comes back...

We just have to get use to Corona it's not going anywhere...

• Like 3

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, so?

nobody wants to go to South Australia anyway ;)

restrictions are in place so that the hospitals are not overloaded

yes, the chances of recovery are high, but you will probably need some care

it has been interesting seeing the local hospital deal with the potential threat. keeping covid patients away from everyone else has meant old wings being reopened. non essential units being moved into long abandoned areas

Thinking about streaming some pinball tonight. 8:30pm Adelaide time on twitch kimble_pinball

Thanks for the update Chris! I avoid social media and abc news. Crafts updates are great :)

I can see both sides to a debate here. But this is a gross overuse of power. The China virus ain't going anywhere. If people want to stay safe and stay inside they can. What happened to democracy? I wouldn't wish Vic style lockdowns anywhere. And 12 hours notice isnt enough. I guess this thread will be shut down due to differing opinions or at least some greenie inner city Brisbane members will abuse others for having an opinion that differs to theirs.

• Like 1

. And 12 hours notice isnt enough. I guess this thread will be shut down due to differing opinions or at least some greenie inner city Brisbane members will abuse others for having an opinion that differs to theirs.

?greenie inner city Brisbane? WTF

i thought al the guys from QLD were pretty cool

• Like 1

Wow 6 days that's a bit harsh. I forget how long melb was down, was it only 5 days? Cmon Victoria let pass the hat round for our sa mates, the ones that gloated about having pinball meets. Don't want anyone to go through what vic did but I must admit I'm struggling for compassion when my friends didn't get much
  • Like 1

But this is a gross overuse of power.

I know this is an (understandably) emotive response, but are there actually powers that have been overused? High court challenges of the Victorian lock downs were dropped as they were within the regulations.

We definitely applaud everyone around the country that helps stop the spread of this, it just takes off so quickly when unchecked!

The health law they used for the lockdown puts all the power to one person. Not the most democratic thing but is in out best interests. Maybe people who are at risk can take shelter and others can social distance/sanitise and continue to go about their business. Most of the cases- I think around 15 are from one family. I guess they are trying to hit it on the head to keep the lockdown shorter maybe.

My mate said it was a large Indian family who had lots of children and one of the family was a cleaner at the quarantine hotel. He got sick and gave it to everyone else in the household. And others had symptoms but didn't get tested until the 80 year old grannie went to hospital with respatory problems. Not sure how much is gossip and how much is true but that's what he said...

I know this is an (understandably) emotive response, but are there actually powers that have been overused? High court challenges of the Victorian lock downs were dropped as they were within the regulations.

We definitely applaud everyone around the country that helps stop the spread of this, it just takes off so quickly when unchecked!

I guess it's the eye of the beholder. I reckon it is excessive and takes away people's freedoms. It is for the good of the people but just imagine of they did this every flu season? It could go on and off like this every year. A vaccine won't be 100% protection.

The other thing is 12 hours notice to get a mask. So if I can't get a mask then I can't go out the get food. And I can't get takeaway because they are apparently closed also. I feel for people who haven't been made aware of this/ don't know what to do re getting food and supplies.

I guess it's the eye of the beholder. I reckon it is excessive and takes away people's freedoms. It is for the good of the people but just imagine of they did this every flu season? It could go on and off like this every year. A vaccine won't be 100% protection.

The other thing is 12 hours notice to get a mask. So if I can't get a mask then I can't go out the get food. And I can't get takeaway because they are apparently closed also. I feel for people who haven't been made aware of this/ don't know what to do re getting food and supplies.

Flu won't kill me, Covid Could easily.

• Like 4

Now you get to feel the same isolation that many Victorian were forced to endure for over 120 days.

Hopefully the rest of Australia will show a little more compassion and feeling for you guys than they did for Victoria.

I remember quite a few people telling us Mexicans to suck it up and harden up.

It really sucks all round and some people are just going to say “fuck it I don’t care�. Lose some family members and then it becomes personal and people will take it seriously. Until then it’s something that effects other people.

I saw people at Coles (one of four legal reasons to be out) during stage 4 sans masks! :/

I’m wearing one right now typing this as I wait for a kids activity to finish.

• Like 1

So if I can't get a mask then I can't go out the get food.

Should be ok according to this page:

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/coronavirus/circuit-breaker-sa-in-full-lockdown/news-story/0a167b4e08e2f6ff4b38895e7a400dcf

South Australians are strongly encouraged to wear masks when leaving home during the six-day lockdown - but it is not part of the official directive.

Until you guys stop rewarding incompetent governments for doing nothing, this is going to keep on happening. What has Sth Australia done during all these months since there last infection other than close it's borders. Answer, nothing. They didn't prepare for the obvious and chose to do what all the other states did, close there borders and pretend this wouldn't happen.

Well now it has happened and the answer is lockdown exactly like every other non prepared state will do WHEN it happens to them.

Rememeber when one infected Victorian truck driver went to a pub in Sydney's west?. That spread over the next couple of weeks to 75 infected all linked back to that infection. No lockdowns followed. It took our tracers several weeks but in the end it was gone. It won't be the last infection in this state but we live knowing our government won't put us all under house arrest because our health department and our government actually did something about it rather than just preach how good they are controlling it behind a state fence.

QR codes work and so does social distancing. They are what we live by here and our state is totally open and has been since our initial 2 weeks of lockdown when the virus first hit and our numbers got to 750 cases in one day. In that two weeks our government prepared and we enjoy the results since.

Poke and laugh behind your closed borders if you choose but the joke is actually on you in your thought your state governments will protect you and is prepared and ready to look after you keeping you safe.

you know my story, but unfortunately my prosthetic leg did not fit , so I am still getting around on crutches

because it was my right leg they also took away my license, so I cannot drive, due to virus they suspended driver testing

due to state government rules last week was the first time my family could visit

I have been virtually isolated for the last 11 months

so you have to wear a mask and you cannot buy takeaway for a week, it must be so hard

• Like 6

Flu can kill and does kill.

Best you read some news online about this disease and the chaos it’s causing overseas. Try any newspaper from Europe or perhaps a non Murdoch paper in the US. Lots there.

This isn’t the flu

• Like 4