Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Covid Project Grunta's Mancave Sign

Yes will be 2021 at best before you can "flip my balls" young @Cursed It does look way more impressive in the real world !! Just like you :p

Maybe not. There's a Youtube clip with Dan Andrews and the Vic Health minister doing a daily health annoucement in 2040. Wish I could find it again.

• Like 1

Bump post #7

I made it with a stainless steel former to hold the LED neon strips. Then each strip had its own supply. That allowed me to animate the GRUNTA'S letters. This was controlled by a Picaxe board i made. the Mancave part is etched acrylic with and addressable LED strip under it. that is controlled by and Arduino running FastLed Software....simple really :D Why would a "DOUG'S" look good !

IMG_1983.thumb.JPG.d2f9cd643e828babc51e562010eb8b72.JPG

IMG_2118.thumb.JPG.07ae4a1226b3cd213cffb0c102b104d0.JPG

IMG_2121.thumb.JPG.bdccbd09f45053ea0096abd9ae1dbf07.JPG

• Like 2

I made it with a stainless steel former to hold the LED neon strips. Then each strip had its own supply. That allowed me to animate the GRUNTA'S letters. This was controlled by a Picaxe board i made. the Mancave part is etched acrylic with and addressable LED strip under it. that is controlled by and Arduino running FastLed Software....simple really :D Why would a "DOUG'S" look good !

how much did it cost?

how much did it cost?

Stainless was about 50 bucks....LED Neons are on Ebay, $30-50 per 5mtrs. You can buy different lengths. The engraved acrylic was a custom job $50. Arduinos are $14 the the controller for the letter animation was hand built with tender loving care in my shed.....priceless ! So about $200 all up I guess.. The closest quote I got to someone making it was $800, and even then they said they really didnt want to do it !!!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...