Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

ABC kids

My 2yr old boy likes watching shows on ABC kids.

He was watching playschool. And they were doing dress ups and turning toilet rolls into people. Instead of just drawing eyes and ears and a smile the hosts drew a face and added a hijab on "aziza"

And your point is?

It's good to see our children bring raised with ideas of cultural diversity, I sure as shit wasn't with the whitewash on TV when I was a kid.

Playschool and ABC in general is outstanding for showing the varying cultural, religious and linguistic makeup of our country.

• Like 4

So we have to represent literally every, single minority culture/religion/belief in Australia? That's gonna be tough for what is an exceptionally multicultural country.

We are seeing more representation of Indigenous culture and Islamic culture because they both make up a significant portion of our population.

Islamic population = roughly 600 000

Indigenous population = roughly 800 000

Jewish population = roughly 90 000

There's also a huge number of other social reasons why our TV (not just the ABC, all of our media) focuses on including Indigenous and Islamic voices in greater numbers. I won't even bother discussing that stuff on here, as I know the responses from a select vocal minority will turn any discussion into a shit show.

• Like 1

WTF. Seriously. How is this a conversation? Who cares what religions or races are represented on ABC kids (or any other forum for that matter). Australia is a very multi-cultural country and the majority of people don't have an issue with that. I truly can't understand how this was even something to start a thread about
  • Like 2

And there are at least 2 presenters of Asian descent on Playschool (that I know of, there may be more) and a whole raft of various Asian programming on ABC in many different forms. Our largest Buddhist community is Chinese, I would say Asian representation on Playschool and ABC has been pretty damn good for a long time.

Your opening post made it sound like you didn't like your children being taught Islamic culture through playschool. Now you want all cultures/religions represented equally? So it's all, or nothing?

My 2yr old boy likes watching shows on ABC kids.

He was watching playschool. And they were doing dress ups and turning toilet rolls into people. Instead of just drawing eyes and ears and a smile the hosts drew a face and added a hijab on "aziza"

Really, who cares. We are multicultural.

Sounds more like trolling to me.

Thread closed!

• Like 7