Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Fridge

Any refrigeration mechanics out there mum bought a Samsung 469 litre fridge about 4 years ago. Looks brand new it's a frost free ,every couple of days water is laying on the top shelf and on the bottom under crisper. She has payed someone to come out and say it's stuffed . Asking what brand of fridge to buy . Thanks ..

march nicks mum back up to the supplier from 4 years ago and say "the fridge we bought isnt of acceptable quality and fairtrading have advised me i should approach you first before taking it further" theres laws abotu this stuff now .fridge life is expected to be 6-13 years not 4

march nicks mum back up to the supplier from 4 years ago and say "the fridge we bought isnt of acceptable quality and fairtrading have advised me i should approach you first before taking it further" theres laws abotu this stuff now .fridge life is expected to be 6-13 years not 4

Took mum with receipt to store yesterday it's under renovations, not a thing in it at the moment. Changing from a Good Guys to a JB Hi Fi buy the look .

If its running fine.

I may be wrong but Water build up in the Fridge is form it not draing.

I would think thers is something in the drain hole Stoping the moisture going to the motor drying tray.

a good shot of air from a air gun down the drain hole and look at the water tray on or near the motor too.

If its running fine.

I may be wrong but Water build up in the Fridge is form it not draing.

I would think thers is something in the drain hole Stoping the moisture going to the motor drying tray.

a good shot of air from a air gun down the drain hole and look at the water tray on or near the motor too.

If its still holding temperature, and just water, then as above - check the drainage.

If it is a water/ice model, (and still holding temperature) then the inlet valve may need replacing.

One other thing in my experience, is to get the genuine technician out - they see the same issues over and over and normally will know the issue straight away. I have a Fisher/Paykel and their service is great. 1 single flat callout fee, (no matter how many times they have to come back on the same issue) and they normally have most of the common parts. Maybe worth checking with the Samsung genuine repairer.

Unsure if this will help

I had a frost free fridge and it would freeze up and water in the bottom

I thought it was a blocked drain ..

It was a element that died which keeps it defrosted..

I spent some time with Mr Google and worked it out ..

Was not the same fridge as your mum's

The element was about $150

Fan was still working

Also added the drain goes into a container above the motor which will evaporate

This was almost full

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Edited by Pinoffski
added more info

Could be Doug , you think the guy that came out would have picked it .

possible did but didnt want to have to order parts and come back? or maybe thats not it?. who knows.

on my ( different model) fridge you take the stuff out the freezer and unscrew the back panel and theres the fan. when my one died i got ice and water too.

Had same issue once, it was the thermostat, it works on a timed loop on most frost free fridges, in the middle of the night is does its frost free thing for a certain amount of time as to not defrost all your food, when they shit the tin your freezer freezes up and you get the symptoms you are talking about.

Have a read

https://www.google.com/search?q=frost+free+thermostat&rlz=1C1CHZL_enAU780AU780&oq=frost+free+thermostat&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l4.5359j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

We still have our Westinghouse Frost Free bought in 1986. Never spent a cent on it and the only problem we've ever had was a bag of peas lost a couple (somewhere along the way) and one got lodged in the drain tube that goes down to the motor tray. Fixed that about 15 years ago.

Granted by todays energy standards its probably not as power efficient but if it ain't busted...…..

I'm a fridge mech but more commercial industrial. Generally frost free fridges need to be switched off and sit for a few days with everything open. The evaporator probably has some ice on it. Don't chisel the ice off. Do this once a year. Also blast out the drain with hot water. Aussie made Simpson \ Kelvinator around 10 years old is the best fridge you can get. Less to go wrong. Gumtree for $100-$200.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-7304F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

The other day I saw a 1960s kelvinator fridge. Aussie made and still going. Original thermostat and the old good refrigerant in it. They don't make things to last anymore. Except railways side rails they are better than original seriously

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

MY MUM HAD A WHIRLPOOL

It went forever. So I got a whirlpool back in 1997 & its still going strong (although the little man that turns on the light died a while back}

I got another whirlpool that stands next to the older one in 2006.It,s still going strong although it makes some weird moans N groans ( I think its the freezer gas exchange biz)

So I will be sticking to the same brand when I need to get another