Post any forum problems here.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA App for Android saving thread pics to my phone

Wondering if there is a setting I am not seeing, but using the AA Android App, whatever images have been uploaded in a thread get auto - saved to my phone, and I need to go in and delete them all when I've finished using the app.

Anyone know how to stop this from happening?

I'll think you'll find that's normal caching same as a browser. I don't know a way of turning it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King
      I'll think you'll find that's normal caching same as a browser. I don't know a way of turning it off.
      Could be I've never noticed it before... I installed a new gallery app on my phone, and the AA thread pics all show up in the gallery app now, sometimes dozens of them, in their own folder.

I get what you are saying about caching, but wouldn't I also get browser cached pics showing up in the gallery app too (I don't)?

Anyway, no biggie. I'll just keep deleting them from the gallery after using the app.

Comment

If the phone runs Android, then if the problem is that the photos appear in your Gallery, you could try adding a .nomedia file in the folder that the photos appear in and then the Gallery won't show them.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
          If the phone runs Android, then if the problem is that the photos appear in your Gallery, you could try adding a .nomedia file in the folder that the photos appear in and then the Gallery won't show them.
          i usually just add folders (like mp3 folders) to an exclusion list in the gallery app. This stops them from showing but it doesn't solve the issue of the app storing loads of pictures on the phone.

thought there might be a setting to turn that off at the app level but doesn't look like it.

Comment

as I said mate it's just caching images like any browser would unfortunately your other image app is showing all images on your phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
              as I said mate it's just caching images like any browser would unfortunately your other image app is showing all images on your phone.
              yes all good

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
              Working...
              X