Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

not always taken to latest activity when clicking on a thread

Rich

I don't understand why sometimes I click on a thread and it takes me to a post months ago.

For instance the covid thread, I get taken to April 2020.

I click on latest activity and nothing, I have to click on post, it loads posts from the start, then click on latest activity for it to work.

Anyone else have this issue and can advise on how to resolve it?

off topic but didn't understand why I couldn't see pics that had been posted......I can only see them when clicking on posts, I don't see them when clicking latest activity.

I have also had the weird experience where I'm thinking "I've read all this before". If you click on the little arrow at the left of the title it should take you to your latest unread post, before it loads images. Then images load. If there's lots, it can shunt you back a fair ways. I'm not sure if that's all that's going on though.

I also click on the Thread title and generally go to the latest post (for me). I think there have been a couple of times it didn't do that but that may have been using the Ipad and Safari while on holidays. Currently using Win 10 and Edge.

thanks for replies :023:

as for more detail, as per @kayakkingoz it has only been happening since site changed, but not always, and not every day, this is what's odd.

in relation to the covid thread, I hadn't clicked on it before so it wasn't taking me to the last post I had read on that thread

yes @Arcade King using the side bar is an option I rarely use but haven't noticed the issue happen when using it, maybe jut me but never really understood why it was added.

using windows 7, only look at site from home

That's a weird looking Google Chrome icon. What is that little grey bit indicating?

Was wondering if it was perhaps incognito mode but it doesn't show like that for me when I open in incognito.

it started happening about 6 months ago, I asked my wife what it meant, she didn't know, I tried googling it.......still don't know assume it's a gimmick as it changes from time to time

it started happening about 6 months ago, I asked my wife what it meant, she didn't know, I tried googling it.......still don't know assume it's a gimmick as it changes from time to time

I'd never heard of it before so I Googled it out of interest. It seems that there is a corrupt user profile in Google Chrome. I wonder if that could be causing your problem with the forum???:unsure

For information on the icon/corrupt profile, I found the following:

https://support.google.com/chrome/forum/AAAAP1KN0B0bkjjcdJsCcU/?hl=en&gpf=%23!msg%2Fchrome%2FbkjjcdJsCcU%2FSko7TX0hAwAJ&msgid=Sko7TX0hAwAJ

That's a weird looking Google Chrome icon. What is that little grey bit indicating?

That's the profile icon indicating which of profile (collection of bookmarks, cookies, etc) is in use. Kind of like an incognito that remembers.

• Like 1

I always use these icons. If you hover over them you will see the meanings.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"AAIcons.jpg","data-attachmentid":2185888}[/ATTACH]

I haven't had a problem & never use those icons. Interesting, Will try them from now on. I'm on Lynix Mint using Firefox.

I'd never heard of it before so I Googled it out of interest. It seems that there is a corrupt user profile in Google Chrome. I wonder if that could be causing your problem with the forum???:unsure

For information on the icon/corrupt profile, I found the following:

https://support.google.com/chrome/forum/AAAAP1KN0B0bkjjcdJsCcU/?hl=en&gpf=%23!msg%2Fchrome%2FbkjjcdJsCcU%2FSko7TX0hAwAJ&msgid=Sko7TX0hAwAJ

thanks for the link.

turns out there was a second person so i think it puts an emoji to show who is who.....deleted the second person and now emoji gone :023:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'm now finding this is happening to me. Has only happened for the last couple of days using Chrome or Firefox (haven't tried any others).

It seems to happen whenever I click on anything in the Latest Post window but randomly for others. For instance, I see the post come up for the Barn meet and click on it and it takes me to post 1, however it used to take me to the latest unread post.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
well something has changed and I haven't altered settings on the computer but now i'm going to the latest activity every time :023:

Nothing has changed on the forum either mate, there hasn't been an update since Christmas last year that's why I didn't reply to this thread sounding like a broken record. :)

aaaaahhh damn, playin up again.

posted, looked at other stuff, see my post is up the top......click on it and it took me to an old post in 2020.

so i haven't changed any settings on my computer, and I have been assured AA hasn't changed anything.....so it's the aliens :alienabduction: they have the power.