This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Post buttons, likes/dislikes etc

Arcade King, any chance you could update the 'like' button to have other choices? I wouldn't mind clicking a 'dislike' or 'laughed@' button for example once in a while. Here's a mod I found where you could add buttons of your choice, if you're interested. I just did a quick search and found this first. There could be other better ones .

[DBTech] Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3 (vB5) [AJAX]

Maybe you could do a quick pole on the top 3 or 5 buttons of choice people would like to see in posts . A GLWS button would cut down on GLWS posts
    - The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

- I'm not superstitious... just a little stitious

That was the mod installed on the old forum and they no longer support it for the latest version of VB5.

Call me old fashioned but I prefer a old school forum where I take the time to thank somebody properly not just click a button and walk away Facebook style

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
      That was the mod installed on the old forum and they no longer support it for the latest version of VB5.

Call me old fashioned but I prefer a old school forum where I take the time to thank somebody properly not just click a button and walk away Facebook style
      I wanted to say I liked your post but felt that I couldn't simply click the "Like" button on this

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Comment

Like is when you like or agree but I think the thankyou button is sadly missed. It was used to actually thank for someones help I thought.

I see no need for dislikes or negatives though. All that does is discourage others from liking when the post has already attracted dislikes.

Sure, taking the time to post is desired but sadly not done here very often.

Comment

The old saying if it ain’t broke don’t fix it!
            Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

Comment

I had somebody complain to me several months back that they couldn't thank somebody because the button wasn't there anymore.....
              This mentality is exactly why I dont miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post

I wanna take the time to sincerely thank you personally from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to respond to my thread. In these tough times, it's important to let people know they're appreciated. You're a top bloke or sheila or gender fluid; I don't judge. Jahbless.

Cheers
                Your best friend forever

Comment

Originally posted by Manny65 View Post

I wanted to say I liked your post but felt that I couldn't simply click the "Like" button on this
                  I wanna take the time to sincerely thank you personally from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to respond to my thread. In these tough times, it's important to let people know they're appreciated. You're a top bloke or sheila or gender fluid; I don't judge. Jahbless.

Cheers
                  Your best friend forever

Comment

Originally posted by Autosteve View Post
                    Like is when you like or agree but I think the thankyou button is sadly missed. It was used to actually thank for someones help I thought.

I see no need for dislikes or negatives though. All that does is discourage others from liking when the post has already attracted dislikes.

Sure, taking the time to post is desired but sadly not done here very often.

Cheers
                    Your best friend forever

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1966 View Post
                      The old saying if it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

Cheers
                      Your best friend forever

Comment

Originally posted by ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma View Post

Cheers
                        Your best friend forever
                        Hug? Lol
                        live between the flip and the tilt

Comment

Cheers
                          Your best friend forever
                          I hope you copy and pasted all of those?

Comment

Cheers
                            Your best friend forever
                            *lazily clicks the "like" button and moves on* ;p

Comment

Originally posted by oldhank View Post

Hug? Lol

Cheers & Hugs
                              Your best friend forever

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X