Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posting Attachments and Photo's on AA

Collapse

Important information for new (and old) users about the forum.

If you have a question EG: Why can't I do XXXX please read the threads in this section before posting.

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting Attachments and Photo's on AA

The new system has several options for posting up attachments.
    First off lets look at The little Camera Icon Untitled-7.png
    This is the best option when you want to post multiple images for say a meet, event or even a restoration with a large amount of images.
    Firefox_Screenshot_2019-12-23T02-47-48.601Z.png
    This gives you the following bar below your post box where you can select to upload from your computer or select pictures already in your Album (already stored on AA)
    NOTE *You can drag and drop multiple files into the above box to automatically upload them.*
    Simple click upload then select all the images you want in your slide show upload them
    Untitled-2.jpg
    This window will pop up where you can preview and label all your pics!
    Hit continue when done then you can hit Post or you can upload more before posting...neat!
    This was an example from Woka's meet back in 25/04/2008
    Click on any of the photo's to open the Slideshow.

This is the preferred way to upload attachments on AA.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.
    Last edited by Arcade King; 3 July 2020, 06:53 PM.

Part 2.
    Posting Images within threads. (EMBEDDING).
    Not recommended unless you want a hand full of images embedded into a post. Use the above method for large amounts of images.
    It's also been discovered that embedded images and thumbnails don't open in a lightbox as they used to in Vbulletin 4, the end result being images will open in their own window and you'll have to click back each time you open one which is annoying so please use the method above.

Click Untitled-3.jpg icon to enable Firefox_Screenshot_2019-12-23T02-47-48.601Z.png
    NOTE *You can drag and drop multiple files into the above box to automatically upload them.*
    Firefox_Screenshot_2019-12-23T03-12-35.935Z.png
    Once upload you'll see your images at the bottom listed like this. You can now inset them into your post by clicking on one of the 4 options. Don't click thumbnail unless you want to see it in a thumbnail at the bottom of your post. Make sure your typing cursor is at the position you want the image to sit as well.

Untitled-4.jpgUntitled-4.jpg
    Take note of this image I've inserted "large" You can resize the image however you like using your mouse on the block circled in the bottom right and you can move the image order by using the icon circled in the top left.
    Just be aware once the large size is set you can't click on the image to enlarge it like the old site that only works select medium or small. Note how you cant click on the first image but can enlarge the second.
    To demonstrate the point I inserted another image to the right and resized it smaller.

You can use a combination of this method and the Photo slide show in the first post in one post.
    Last edited by Arcade King; 14 July 2020, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Part 3
      The last option is the Firefox_Screenshot_2019-12-23T03-29-29.826Z.png icon.
      Only use this if you are linking an image from another site. Once you click on the icon a box will pop up.
      temp.jpg
      **IMPORTANT**
      Make sure "Retrieve remote files and reference locally" is unticked otherwise it will upload the picture to AA and it will count towards your attachments.
      You can also use the [IMG] tags around your pictures URL.
      Last edited by Arcade King; 11 March 2020, 06:20 AM.

Comment

C75FBDD8-1B20-4402-A689-7B2264B8AB5E.jpeg C75FBDD8-1B20-4402-A689-7B2264B8AB5E.jpeg image_144483.jpg Testing this new feature, very easy to upload and the photos don’t appear upside down....

Comment

Originally posted by v8racefan View Post
          Testing this new feature, very easy to upload and the photos don’t appear upside down....
          have a play around in the test thread mate HERE good place to try all the attachments options.
          Hopefully I made the tutorial clear enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post

have a play around in the test thread mate HERE good place to try all the attachments options.
            Hopefully I made the tutorial clear enough.
            Thanks for this mate.
            Test area has proved to be helpful indeed!....

Comment

Originally posted by Savage View Post

Thanks for this mate.
              Test area has proved to be helpful indeed!....
              Happy to help mate. Thanks for taking to the time play with the new system.

Comment

IMG_3282.JPG Trav, on the old site this pic would've ended up on its side so this site does seem to post the pics correct. Just letting you know.Arcade King

Comment

Here's the exact process I use to upload attachments to display in the forum.
                  fetch.png

Drag and drop all the images you want to display in one go, its always best to have them ready to go in a folder.

Firefox_Screenshot_2020-01-10T05-53-24.063Z.png
                  All the uploaded images will show up down the bottom like the above picture.
                  BE PATIENT Depending on the size of the image and your internet speed it can take awhile to upload.
                  Once all your images are uploaded you can start adding them in where you want on your post.
                  Always make sure your cursor is in the editor in the position you want the pic before selecting it and once the image is up press enter unless you want 2 images in a row.

Here's examples of the image sizes Thumbnail, Small, Medium, Large and Full size and application.

IMAG0534.jpg
                  THUMBNAIL Image can be clicked on to enlarge.

IMAG0536.jpg
                  EXAMPLE OF SMALL. Image can be clicked on to enlarge.

IMAG0537.jpg
                  EXAMPLE OF MEDIUM. Image can be clicked on to enlarge.

IMAG0537.jpg EXAMPLE OF LARGE.

IMAG0563.jpg EXAMPLE OF FULL SIZED.

IMAG0536.jpg IMAG0537.jpg IMAG0563.jpg
                  EXAMPLE OF 3 THUMBNAILS INLINE.
                  Thumbnails, small and medium images are best for inline as above.

All images can be resized in the editor to what ever size you like. In the bottom right hand corner of the image when you mouse over that area you will see a black block, click and hold down on the block to adjust the image to what ever size you like.

Last edited by Arcade King; 10 January 2020, 04:38 PM.

Comment

found the best way to load pix straight from the phone -> upload attachments -> preview -> post reply
                    looking to buy gottlieb electro mechanical pinball machines from any era

Comment

Originally posted by illawarra_steelers View Post
                      found the best way to load pix straight from the phone -> upload attachments -> preview -> post reply
                      Just curious can you choose what size you want on that method?

Comment

yeah mate, once the photo is attached you can then select the size.

also when loading additional photos the option is still there to change the size of the previous upload

Comment

Arcade King The placement of photo within the message doesn’t seem to work on iPad.

i can load them at the bottom of the message, but the ‘paperclip’ Icon doesn’t work.

I will have to fire up the laptop to post I guess. It was always a pain previously but you could copy the BB code to place the pics where you wanted them in the message.

Just an FYI. If I’m doing it wrong then someone can let me know!

Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by mix_vt_cal View Post
                            Arcade King The placement of photo within the message doesn’t seem to work on iPad.

i can load them at the bottom of the message, but the ‘paperclip’ Icon doesn’t work.

I will have to fire up the laptop to post I guess. It was always a pain previously but you could copy the BB code to place the pics where you wanted them in the message.

Mike.
                            try the same as mobile: phone -> upload attachments -> preview -> post reply

Comment

Originally posted by mix_vt_cal View Post

Mike.
                              BB code only ever worked for externally hosted pics and you can still use [img] code here too.
                              When you say the paper clip doesn't work you mean when you click on it the Firefox_Screenshot_2020-01-19T22-17-47.775Z.png doesn't show up?
                              How are you getting images to show at the bottom of the message if the paperclip upload method isn't working?
                              I don't have any apple product to test this stuff on so you'll have to be as specific as possible and run me through exactly what you are doing.
                              I take it you're using AA through Safari?

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X