Want to arrange a meet? post in here.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [NSW] - The Barn 2021 - bigger than Ben Hur edition

So looking through a bunch of photos trying to find Yee at meets and I got nostalgic.

I also had to cancel one of these due to COVID and promised to dust it off once things settled down.

Anyway. F**k it.

Fire pits.
    Beers.
    Shots.
    Shit talk.
    Circle of trust.
    Pinball.
    Camping.
    All weekend (Friday to Sunday).
    No F**king Comps.
    August (weekend TBA).

AA’s longest running, intermittent, last minute, whatever the f**k event is back and bigger than ever.

AA’s finest riff-raff welcome to attend.

This ones for you Yee.

Update 01/07/21

Dates - 27-29th August

How much to attend? - $100. I don't care if you come for a day or the whole 3 days the price is the same.

But that isn't fair - If you don't like it, sorry, but this is about making things easy for me, not you.

Kiwis - no fee payable

How do I pay? - paypal no exceptions. If you can't use paypal, either find someone to pay for you, or don't bother coming. I won't accept cash, and under no circumstances will I accept bank transfer. Its a pain in the arse, and quite frankly if something goes wrong, you may wait a year to get it back (there are two people on here who can vouch for that). Pinging me here repeatedly does no good because in between meets I don't visit AA anymore, and haven't for several years. So it is paypal or nothing. FYI the reason I don't come here anymore is because it is like an alcoholic walking into a brewery, best to be avoided.

What do I get for that? - well you get access to one of the largest playable collections of pinball machines in the country. Generally speaking 96 games at any given time ranging from EMs to late Sterns.

Where does the money go? - some money goes to Dan to cover wear and tear on his machines. Some money goes to Edy to fix stuff and keep everything running. Some money goes to my electricity bill. Some money goes to new parts to replace the things that break after a meet (usually 5-10 games). Almost always something goes wrong with my septic and I end up paying huge money to fix it. The usual. I also will keep snags and bread rolls flowing throughout the event so no-one goes hungry. Never ran an event in the pinball space that makes money, so no-one is being ripped here except me.

Covid - I'm going to assume everything works out just fine however I won't start taking payment till after this latest lockdown ends. If covid strikes again I will give everyone a full refund (this is why we use paypal, it makes refunds easy, and things that take up too much of my time don't happen).

Any questions, dump them in this thread and Edy will eventually get the answer out of me!

Cheers!

Edys Fabbo List of Attendees (it isn't exhaustive, so don't panic, will be updated)

Leigh
    Furbs
    Edy
    Railways +1
    Nate
    AutoSteve + 2
    PinballSC ??
    Tezza
    Rob Mac
    Manny + 1
    Davefjedi
    DAG
    Woka
    Pinballaddicted + 1
    Gapmaster + 1
    Macca101010
    The Judge
    Acejas ??
    Symonnz + 1
    db666
    Kayakingoz
    Kramer
    Randy Gay Rhodes
    Zac + 2
    Warwick
    Aceman
    JustAnotherRat ??
    Jug123
    Pinballzero + 1
    Jason Roberts + 1
    Hashman
    DangerRay
    Skids
    Raysco
    Jono
    Steelers + 2
    Marco
    Graham ??
    Duane
    Electromechanicalman
    Newo + 1
    Ocyen + 1
    Genie + 1
    Spacies
    Whitewater
    Wedgehead
    Timbo
    Spudly
    PinPaul + 1
    BigDaddy
    Divmon
    SilverSurfer
    Prince
    Cardini
    Nick64
    Silverbak
    RolandRat+ 1
    Arcade King
    Last edited by sleazius; 4 July 2021, 10:18 PM.

SHPC - 2020 - Pukekohe

Railways +1 please.
    http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Will have to bring a nice, warming drink so I do not freeze...……….

Remember--The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Comment

Originally posted by furballx View Post

Its August winters almost over! I’m in like fking Flynn! Will have a drink for Yee too!
        In: Houdini, Iron man, SWLE, TWDLE, Whitewater, WOZ and Xmen
        Out: Avengers Hulk, BOP, BSD, Demo man, Elvis, Flintstones, Frank Thomas Big Hurt, Frankenstein, The Getaway:HS2, Gorgar, Grand Slam, Hobbit, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings, METPrem, Roadshow, RZ, Shadow, Spider-Man, STTNG, WCS, Wheel of Fortune, Wild life, WWELE

Comment

Sounds good except the August bit. Week burn off down the farm happens first to second week of August and I can't put that off. Our burns saved the farm last year in the bushfires. Let me know if you need firewood this year. Might not be able to make it but I can atleast make sure everyone is warm if I drop it off earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Autosteve View Post
            Sounds good except the August bit. Week burn off down the farm happens first to second week of August and I can't put that off. Our burns saved the farm last year in the bushfires. Let me know if you need firewood this year. Might not be able to make it but I can atleast make sure everyone is warm if I drop it off earlier.
            I usually do these at the end of August. Just need to check what is already in the diary with the missus.

SHPC - 2020 - Pukekohe

Comment

I take it that I’m in.
              The Artist Formally Known As #1

Comment

I’ve never been to anything AA - if newbies are welcome I’m a tentative pending location and date

Comment

Oh yeah, count the Taxi in!!!

Comment

DAG
                    live between the flip and the tilt

Comment

WOKA Game on!
                      The HillDweller

Comment

No F**king Comps real or imaginary? Sounds good to me.

Feel free to tip a bucket of ice over me if I repeatedly doze off in a chair again

Comment

Manny65 +1 please

We had a ball () at the last one and was just chatting about it on the weekend, so really looking forward to this being on the calendar. Thanks sleazius

Comment

Originally posted by sleazius View Post
                            So looking through a bunch of photos trying to find Yee at meets and I got nostalgic.

I also had to cancel one of these due to COVID and promised to dust it off once things settled down.

Anyway. F**k it.

Fire pits.
                            Beers.
                            Shots.
                            Shit talk.
                            Circle of trust.
                            Pinball.
                            Camping.
                            All weekend (Friday to Sunday).
                            No F**king Comps.
                            August (weekend TBA).

AA’s longest running, intermittent, last minute, whatever the f**k event is back and bigger than ever.

AA’s finest riff-raff welcome to attend.

This ones for you Yee.

All my favorite things!

Comment

Originally posted by furballx View Post

Davefjedi up for it
                              Ill bring my shorts and thongs to cope with that northern heat
                              The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 2 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X