Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

KIWI PINCADE 4th to 7th March 2021 POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!!!

Hi everyone

We've decided to hold a skinny version of Kiwi Pincade next year due to the Covid-19 situation. This will be the 14th annual year that this event has been organized and we've usually had over 25 Aussies and other overseas visitors join us each year but due to the pandemic, I'm not expecting any overseas visitors. Currently we can fly between the two countries but the government rules are such that visitors into NZ have to be in managed isolation for two weeks. I can't see that happening for people to attend a four day event.

Rules may change up to March but who knows what's going to happen to airfares until then? Kiwis can fly in the country internally without restrictions so this will be a trimmed down event.

It will start in Christchurch at 1pm 4th March 2021 and end in Auckland late Sunday 7th March 2021. I don't expect there to be any IFPA points on offer but Pincade is more of a social event anyway. I've just set up the framework for Pincade and there will be more details to follow as I work my through the details.

Cheers

Yee.

• Like 13

I see on the news that the UK have started out with the vaccine today. Last week Qantas and Air NZ were talking about having a vaccine certificate to get on board an international aircraft.

It all takes time to set up and it's hard to see it being implemented before Pincade 2021. Still, stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

I’m so hoping the Barrow boys can get back for 2021. Would love to catch up with everyone again.

Fingers crossed, mate. There's a small group of you who have consistently attended. Troy and Dan have come over 12 out out of the last 13 years! Now that's dedication.

About 5 of you Aussies have flown over at least 10 times.

We'd love to have you all back but there will less planning time especially for you overseas guys.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Fingers crossed, mate. There's a small group of you who have consistently attended. Troy and Dan have come over 12 out out of the last 13 years! Now that's dedication.

About 5 of you Aussies have flown over at least 10 times.

We'd love to have you all back but there will less planning time especially for you overseas guys.

:(

• Like 1

I see in yesterday's news that Queensland has joined the other states (except WA) in allowing travellers from NZ to not have to isolate on arrival. Essentially a travel bubble.

We'll have to see if NZ removes it's managed isolation. The Prime Minister, Jacinda was asked about it but reluctant as she doesn't want NZ to be threatened with any community cases. Watch this space.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Yee,

Hope your well mate, Merry Xmas first and foremost:)

Have a great New Year!

Great work on keeping Pincade going.....Yep great idea keeping it local with Covid-19 situation. Just too hard for anyone overseas.

Whilst I am saddened to be missing the first Pincade after 12 straight years travelling from Melbourne I have a rescheduled wedding in April to sort after Danielle & I had to pull the pin on our June 20 2020 wedding lol. I will be in touch to chat soon around that, the pandemic has also made me work harder than ever as Bunnings was very busy during the whole lockdown with everyone stepping up on the project front whilst isolated.

Anyways take care , will ring you early New Year

• Like 1

Wishing all of my mates and their families on the other side of the world a Very Merry Christmas!

May 2021 be a much better year for all!

Byron

Hey Byron,

Merry Xmas mate, hope all is well over there in the USA ....Stay safe pal.

• Like 1

As the organizer of Pincade, I have had a rethink and have decided to postpone the next Pincade until further notice. In my enthusiasm to keep the annual event continually going, I decided to originally run a skinny version of it however the more I think about about the less I like it. It may happen later on this year or possible early March 2022 depending on the Covid-19 situation.

• Administrators
As the organizer of Pincade, I have had a rethink and have decided to postpone the next Pincade until further notice. In my enthusiasm to keep the annual event continually going, I decided to originally run a skinny version of it however the more I think about about the less I like it. It may happen later on this year or possible early March 2022 depending on the Covid-19 situation.

Not too much you can do about it Yee. Thanks for the work you do every year on a great event!

Dave

• Like 4

Not too much you can do about it Yee. Thanks for the work you do every year on a great event!

Dave

100% Furbs ! Couldnt have said it any better... Yee take a bow mate , the work and input you do for this event is nothing short of AMAZING and your passion is CONTAIGOUS.

• Like 1

Thanks for everyone's kind comments. If we take a year off, 2022 may be attract a bumper crowd as absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Due to all the events in 2020, it seems like ages since the last Pincade already.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...