Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Flinders Ranges Pinball Pub - Open For Holidays 12-12-2020

OPENING PINBALL DAY

Saturday 12th December

189732015_CaltPubFlyer.thumb.jpg.4d71771117b67cb4243117f44087dbd2.jpg

20201125_195342_3.thumb.jpg.27d68fa8b9ccc8e771ed6009f6277175.jpg

For some time now I've been in search of somewhere closer to me to put a few pinball machines. Well some circumstances have come into alignment, so that I will be providing a number of Pinball Machines to the Caltowie Hotel, "Caltowie's Leading Hotel". The publican there, Brett, is a down to earth guy, looking for something different to try with his back area.

This is exciting to announce, and an opening day event for this initial trial period will be held there on the weekend of 12-12-2020, with some structured play between attendees on the Saturday.

The most Exciting news though is that we will be putting Heighway Alien and Rick & Morty through their paces!! :3

In total we plan to have 7-10 Cool old and new Pinballs set in place there through the next couple of weeks.

Initially just putting this up here for AA Members, but something will spread to the PPPP facebook group etc depending on response here. PM or Post if you're in!

Registration of intention to come along (name) prior to the day will be required by people wanting to attend the venue and participate, to observe restriction guidelines. If it comes to being alot of interest in numbers there is a limit to attendee head count, of course. Playing the games on free play, and in the event/s, Pinball, is $50 for the entire Saturday (and Friday evening). The capacity is 40-50 to leave headroom.

Accommodation is available at good rates (at the pub), as well as ample camping area. Services such as fuel and supermarkets etc. 10km drive (7 minutes). Contact Brett at the Pub on 0400 916 623

Would really love it if someone whom knows what they are doing with Recording or Streaming would be able to do some of that!?!

A few initial pics of the space that is going to be used...

20201125_171533.thumb.jpg.3f1ed61219621f58479d43e1d9545599.jpg

20201125_171304.thumb.jpg.6f3fbc31d186eda25d5816a4daea5abd.jpg

20201125_171342.thumb.jpg.fdc77f982898f81ba0ad19fe051a5453.jpg

20201125_171509.thumb.jpg.18ea7e9302b8999f8ab4c1dab6322cf3.jpg

20201125_172105.thumb.jpg.bdbdfb7aa8bf80854b5eb1a3051b59d2.jpg

20201125_171413.thumb.jpg.7d7f143caa3e8f3b4523b5e4e4ab76b4.jpg

20201125_171442.thumb.jpg.2d7270bf750fb5a9b42f05b3b522feac.jpg

20201125_172122.thumb.jpg.9742b829f872cd9c6b0a4b6f1c5e6808.jpg

Heads UP .... There will also be NEW YEARS EVE Pinball Here!!!

From Gepps Cross, 2hrs drive North. More Details and progress to come Soon!

PM or POST!!

-

Interested:

Jesse

Gary

Amity

Edited by razorsedge
  • Like 3

Hi Ray. I am keen to attend this mate. And would be happy to stream if you can perform an internet speed test. If speeds are too low then we can record some of the play and upload to YouTube.

Anyone else want to help boost a South Aussie small town/business? What games were you thinking of havin there on the night?

• Like 3

Hi Ray. I am keen to attend this mate. And would be happy to stream if you can perform an internet speed test. If speeds are too low then we can record some of the play and upload to YouTube.

Anyone else want to help boost a South Aussie small town/business? What games were you thinking of havin there on the night?

Besides the 2 new titles there, loose plan might include the following Whitewater, Baywatch, Alien Star, Swords of Fury, TNA, Space Station ... other maybes are Judge Dredd and Seawitch

Haven't even let the local crowd know yet, whoops!... @rodneypapish @DionV @digger48 @Chaza73 @bennyvdog @andrew mathews @cejay

Edited by razorsedge
  • Like 2

Amity and I are pretty keen at this stage!

Awesome! :cool:

I'll talk to Brett about lighting as well :)

I'll start an "interested list" at the bottom of the first post there. Once there are some certain attendees I will create a "registered list" to go above it.

• Like 1

Yeah, this location much more appropriate though (and much less scary) for low key siting of some of the Premium games I have collected.

These machines will also be able to be tended much more rapidly in the event of faults/failures, besides being at reduced risk.

• Like 2

Sounds great Ray but bad timing for me. Are you keeping any machines at Bowland?

Sorry, Yes, there will still be 7-10 maintained machines at Bowland. There are 11 there atm, which is too many really for everyday. 4 of those will go into the pub, and half dozen in the wokshop atm including two newer games... which I'm not complaining about :D

But I need room for resto's, and people don't get to play them locked up here in the workshop... except myself and a small handful of others. I couldn't reconcile putting Alien or RaM at the Bowl, and this is about the best coincidental opportunity we could have ever hoped for, really.

• Like 2

Contact Caltowe Hotel on 0400 916 623

Brett can answer venue queries, and take bookings for Accomodation, there are several rooms available.

The Saturday events on 12/12/20 will open from 11am.

The games are on Free Play until the event!

:slamtilt:

What machine do you want to record? Will need some space either side of the machine for my lights cameras etc.

I will bring your brand new Alien Star backglass with me. The Mrs is working in the morning so I won't get there til around 3:30pm mate.

What options are there for dinner?

Looking forward to a pinball catch-up.

• Like 1

Any that take your fancy mate, I have left at least 12-15 inches between each game, the idea was for easier servicing, but should allow enough room for your jiggery in there hopefully?

I confirmed last night that the pub is doing meals each night. Contacting Brett is best bet for all the good oil. Also do you have a plan in terms of accomodation?

Indeed looking forward to some more playing pinball! .... been a bit too heavily weighted to the repair/resto side for me lately...

More Flipping!! :slamtilt:

Might need to move a machine so we have more room. Alien Star gets my vote but what game do people want to see?

Otherwise my lights will reflect off the glass too much. But we can sort that out mate.

Have booked a room with Brett. Ok great I'm keen to have a meal for sure and beers!

Might need to move a machine so we have more room. Alien Star gets my vote but what game do people want to see?

Otherwise my lights will reflect off the glass too much. But we can sort that out mate.

Have booked a room with Brett. Ok great I'm keen to have a meal for sure and beers!

How much space do you need between games?