Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Kmart $25 RC Helicopter - thumbs up!

Last year I bought several Phantom 6010's (3 channel toy helis) from Kmart for xmas pressies. They cost $25 and were a huge hit.

This year Kmart have another 3 channel toy heli for $25: http://shop.kmart.com.au/product/3-channel-gyroscope-helicopter/113264

http://shop.kmart.com.au/wcsstore/KmartOnlineRetail/images/catalog/41485118-z.jpg

I bought a few once again as xmas pressies and one for myself to see what it was like. For $25 they can't be beat, you'd struggle to get anything cheaper from Hong Kong! Kudos to Kmart for not putting some ridiculous markup on them.

Impressions:

- Well built.

- Flies well and perfectly balanced, no trouble maintaining a hands free hover.

- Has 2 speed modes (slow & fast) which is great for beginners.

- Front light can be turned on/off via a button on the remote.

- 3 selectable bands so you can fly them together with your mates.

- 6 minutes of flight, 35 minutes to recharge.

- Remote takes 6 AA batteries.

- Only downside is that charging must be done via the remote, no other charging cable is provided (you can buy them for $2 on eBay though).

So if you want a fun, great, cheap stocking filler that's a little different, have at it!

The proportional control is great on this one, and it has the best gyro I've ever seen on a 3ch toy heli. If you flick the tail out with your finger whilst hovering, it will bounce back to its last position immediately.

At $25 you can't go wrong.

Already flown one into the missus' hair, didn't go down too well, but was funny as all hell. :lol

Flight time is around 6 minutes. You could probably push for a little bit more however I would advise against this as you will drastically reduce the life of the LiPo battery inside the heli. I time my flights to 5 minutes and always allow for a cool down period between charging.

I've seen the helis at JayCar and they are, as expected, very overpriced. They also tend to sell outdated models.

Spare parts wise this one comes with a spare set of main blades and a flybar connecting buckle. They're quite resilient to damage as they are so light, all you need to do is remember to cut the throttle in an impact.

Cool, let me know what you think of it.

I took a quick and crappy video of it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc3UynbYaG4

You'd be hard pressed to find a better toy for $25.

First time flying one of these, controls will take a bit to get used to, but up and flying and couple of nice turns and no major stacks (yet), love it for $25.00,

like you said can't go wrong, GF even had a go and managed it OK, should of bought 2 :lol