Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help With Google Account After Formatting Smartphone

Collapse

Discussion and help on Mobiles, Tablets and GPS units.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Google Account After Formatting Smartphone

Hi All

I did a factory reset on my Samsung Galaxy SII as it had a few bugs. No dramas there, format fixed previous issues but afterwards I couldn't figure out my Google account to access saved contacts and to do updates. I am sure it was my regular Hotmail address I use but it wouldn't accept that as it wasn't a Google email. It said to do a search on your PC to find your Google account details and sure enough it shows my Hotmail account!

It still won't except that so I have lost all my contacts and can't do updates. I could make a new Google account but I'd rather see if anyone here has an suggestions first?

Thanks,

Lefty

No doubt it will be Google asserting itself (or trying to) as the ONLY provider of EVERYTHING you need - just one reason Google is banned and blocked in China. Google search, Gmail - the lot!! all blocked.

Comment

Yeah, I thought it may have been something like that. Maybe Hotmail was allowed when I first set it up and it isn't now...

Comment

Originally posted by Homepin View Post
        No doubt it will be Google asserting itself (or trying to) as the ONLY provider of EVERYTHING you need - just one reason Google is banned and blocked in China. Google search, Gmail - the lot!! all blocked.
        Pretty ironic coming from a single party communist government
        My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Oh snap!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            Pretty ironic coming from a single party communist government

Don't worry, that point isn't lost on the few "thinking" people around here.

Comment

Bring back "altavista" (before Yahoo bought it) ;-)

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
              Working...
              X