Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Grumble grumble - iPhone

• Administrators

I'm due to renew the smart phones at work and I'm getting a push for iPhones =/ Damn suckers!

I'd much rather get some Palm Pre's but with none in australia for the forseeable future I may not be "allowed" to wait.

My question is does the iPhone behave and work well with Exchange 2007? I MUST have push/pull email.

Are there any other decent Smart Phone alternatives. We currently use Palm Treo 750's and they're pretty much rock solid but I'm starting to get a few quirks with them. Damn engineered obsolescence. I don't want to get a Palm Pro as the feature set for a new phone is crap. I mena a 2MP camera FFS.

Cheers,

Brad

I'm due to renew the smart phones at work and I'm getting a push for iPhones =/ Damn suckers!

I'd much rather get some Palm Pre's but with none in australia for the forseeable future I may not be "allowed" to wait.

My question is does the iPhone behave and work well with Exchange 2007? I MUST have push/pull email.

Are there any other decent Smart Phone alternatives. We currently use Palm Treo 750's and they're pretty much rock solid but I'm starting to get a few quirks with them. Damn engineered obsolescence. I don't want to get a Palm Pro as the feature set for a new phone is crap. I mena a 2MP camera FFS.

Cheers,

Brad

Don't fight it, it will still happen anyway when the execs just go and buy one.

Works fine with exchange here at work. Some fiddlign about to get the wifi to work without constantly needing to sign in (we use peap with certificates) but seems to work well enough.

I don't have one though :(

Cheers

Jacob

• Administrators
One of our reps uses blackberry's and he seems to love them. Ever looked into those?

I had a Blackberries in my previous role. Nice units but require their own server or you pay someone else to deliver the mail to you.

I've used 3 different models, the Bold is awesome but the Storm would be sweet. Still I have exchange pushing email out ourselves, I'm not about to pay anyone to add another gateway in between =(

Brad

I wouldnt use them for business personally. Great units plenty of stupid shit you can do with them, battery life is woeful. For that reason alone i wont be getting another.

VPN into our IPSec config was fine on my phone although I couldn't get it to talk to our exchange server. I havent looked into it much since trying initially simply because it is my personal phone, not subsidised at all by work.

I have the imate jasjam, that is a re-branded HTC phone, I think it's great.

I believe the new Samsungs (coming in a month) are meant to be better than the iphones ?

• Administrators
I have the imate jasjam, that is a re-branded HTC phone, I think it's great.

I believe the new Samsungs (coming in a month) are meant to be better than the iphones ?

Actually they had imate jasjams here before the Palms, I don't mind them but they're big bastards :o

Like I said I'd love the new Palm Pre's though

Brad

WE use Iphones at alot of our sites....they work fine with Exchange. The Blackberry server software can be really really painfull......Be sure to ask around alot to people who use it before you decide to go with bb.

I'll second the battery life on the Iphone....it's terrible.