Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where the helI can I buy a mobile phone???

Collapse

Discussion and help on Mobiles, Tablets and GPS units.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the helI can I buy a mobile phone???

Anyone know of a store that actually sells mobile phones? I need a phone to make phone calls and send text messages. I don't want a GPS, I don't want something with Facebook, Google, Twitter or any other malicious apps pre-installed, I don't want to be handing over credit card details to some online store I've never heard of. Why the hell is it so difficult to get a phone that operates as a phone?
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    STAYING APART KEEPS US TOGETHER

BigW, Jbhifi, Coles. Etc. They all have basic no feature phones, like the old style Nokia's, and brands like Konka.

Comment

Keep in mind that some of those new/old “burner” style phones only access 3G.

Now I’m not exactly sure what that even means but what it results in for me here in the western suburbs of Brisbane is patchy service. Even though my work provided smart phone sitting right next to it, which is on 4g, has a rock solid signal no drop outs etc

(My burner phone is a new/old Nokia 3310)

Comment

Originally posted by Pie Chucker View Post
        Anyone know of a store that actually sells mobile phones? I need a phone to make phone calls and send text messages. I don't want a GPS, I don't want something with Facebook, Google, Twitter or any other malicious apps pre-installed, I don't want to be handing over credit card details to some online store I've never heard of. Why the hell is it so difficult to get a phone that operates as a phone?
        It’s 2020 hence why those phone haven’t really been popular after release of iPhone some over a decade ago

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1210.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	2165790
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1209.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	2165789
          I've got a Nokia 6120 unlocked & basic in box with all paperwork. $50 less postage.

Comment

Just type into google and it will be easy.😆
            Can Play while not spilling the beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gehirn View Post
              BigW, Jbhifi, Coles. Etc. They all have basic no feature phones, like the old style Nokia's, and brands like Konka.
              Thanks, I'd forgotten about Big W. Might try there on the weekend.

Originally posted by Tonjo View Post
              Keep in mind that some of those new/old “burner” style phones only access 3G.

Now I’m not exactly sure what that even means but what it results in for me here in the western suburbs of Brisbane is patchy service. Even though my work provided smart phone sitting right next to it, which is on 4g, has a rock solid signal no drop outs etc

(My burner phone is a new/old Nokia 3310)
              Yeah, patchy service isn't a problem. I'll take patchy service over 24 hour surveillance by scumbags like Zuckerberg.
              WAR IS PEACE
              FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

Comment

All coles and woolies have them at the smokes countrr

Comment

Originally posted by hvc01 View Post

It’s 2020 hence why those phone haven’t really been popular after release of iPhone some over a decade ago
                  But Idiocracy predicted that iPhones wouldn't really take off until 2505?!?
                  WAR IS PEACE
                  FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

Comment

Originally posted by Pie Chucker View Post

But Idiocracy predicted that iPhones wouldn't really take off until 2505?!?
                    True, but that movie was 495 years ahead of it’s time in almost all aspects. Also, who wouldn’t want Terry Crews as president about now in preference to the current incumbent.

Comment

Go Trump, yeah. 🤙🤙🤙🤙

Comment

I grabbed a mobile from Office Works to talk to the wife in her Kemo treatment that because of the China Virus, I can't be with her for the 4 hour treatment and also to call for help on the farm if something should happen. These are the ONLY reasons I now have a phone.
                        About Office Works, you can see them, try them and they are not locked to a provider where as everywhere else was selling the same phones locked.
                        Then I went to Aldi and got a 1 year plan so no stuffing around for a year, No bullshit 1 month, we take what you didn't use and buy off us again for another month deal. Just 1 year solid with unlimited mobile to mobile, ( any mobile) or landline Australia only for $99.
                        They use Telstra network that includes the farm where as Optus is 40kms away and Vodaphone is 80kms away.
                        Pretty happy considering I hate mobile phones I suppose. Bought the phone with cash and the Aldi card was cash as well. I get a text from Aldi in 10 months time to tell me I have one month left and I'm pretty sure I'll give them another $99.
                        I rarely use the phone but I just like it is one bill once a year and not limited meaning I get a phone that just works for a solid year without me having to keep on paying and loosing through very limited use..

Comment

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Comment

Aust post have them also.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                            Working...
                            X