Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Some incoming calls go straight to message bank.

Over the last few months I've had some calls from different people go straight to message bank. My phone doesn't ring and I don't even get an audible notification of a message, it just pops up on the screen. It's done it on my old phone and the new phone (new phone is my daughter's old phone)

Samsung S5 and Samsung Note 8. I've had the number for 5 years with no issue until about 4 months ago.

Went to Telstra shop today and the sales people with pretty much no technical knowledge had no idea other than a new SIM card. Of course it worked perfect in their shop then I drove home and as I hit the driveway I get two incoming calls go straight to voice mail.

Not happy Jan.

Anyone heard of this or can think of something which can cause this?

UPDATE - Spoke to someone who called and couldn't get through. He simply got a message says I was unavailable so didn't go to voice mail of voice to text.

Edited by BoardMan

Cancel message bank also.

You still get missed calls logged on your phone anyway

Actually when I said message bank I think it's actually just voice to text. I'm just going by what the callers have told me.

I can't believe how crappy the Telstra web site is. I tried the chat line, it doesn't work. I set up a telstraID and logged in and I had to add an account. Clicked on add account link and that link did absolutely nothing. Clicked on add account FAQ and sent to a 404 error page.

you could also try a better provider than Telstra. Check out Amaysim who use Optus network. They have great plans and a useful website

I live in north QLD and Telstra have the better coverage up here in the wide open spaces. I don't have a plan, it's $30 a month prepaid. I'm not a new age snowflake who's always on their phone.

• Like 2