Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild -WOW!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild -WOW!

    Hi Guys
    Im not a big console game player but but my teenage daughter plays a bit on our WiiU so a few weeks ago
    I was in Big W and saw Legend of Zelda BOTW and thought she might like it
    Long story short she played it for 2 hours then I had a go....
    3 weeks later I cant get of it!!
    Seriously amazing game - its huge
    The land, the quests, the things you can do and I have only started
    If you want to lose hours in the day and not get stuff done around the house this is the game
    Let me know if anyone else is playing it and how far have you got
    I have only finished 1 devine beast and found 42 shrines (120 in total!)
    Facebook - "Arcade Furniture"
    Crusin USA sitdown, Sega Outrun Upright, Neo Geo LAI , 60 in 1 Lowboy, World Rally Standup, Rally-X Repro, World Expo 88 Lowboy, Mirco Challenger 4 Player Pong, Taito Space Invaders empty cab, Asteroids Deluxe empty cab, 2 Player MAME project cab

  • #2
    Originally posted by Ponty View Post
    Hi Guys
    Im not a big console game player but but my teenage daughter plays a bit on our WiiU so a few weeks ago
    I was in Big W and saw Legend of Zelda BOTW and thought she might like it
    Long story short she played it for 2 hours then I had a go....
    3 weeks later I cant get of it!!
    Seriously amazing game - its huge
    The land, the quests, the things you can do and I have only started
    If you want to lose hours in the day and not get stuff done around the house this is the game
    Let me know if anyone else is playing it and how far have you got
    I have only finished 1 devine beast and found 42 shrines (120 in total!)
    I just defeated ganon yesterday. Still got heaps of shrines quests ect to do

    Going back to finish few things as different ending available.

    Divine beasts are good fun thats for sure
    you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

    Comment


    • #3
      I have done 100 shrines and all four divine beats. I have sunk bloody days into this game, probably 50 hours+ and I don't want it to end. I could have gone and fought Ganon ages ago, but I am still dicking around the map exploring.

      For me, I think the best thing about the game is that it's open world, but the way it's been designed leads you towards things. The map is massive and empty, but you can feel the hand of Nintendo developers helping you discover things. What's that weird valley in the distance? Who's making that plume of smoke that I can see from the top of this tower? Why are there those rocks in a weird formation over there? The world design is just second to none.

      Comment


      • #4
        I love all of the Zelda games, but this one is especially special, probably the best since Ocarina of Time. That said, I've had hardly any time on it yet, and daren't get too involved in case I never stop playing! (I once had to hide my Gamecube from myself (!) so I could stop playing Resident Evil 4 and get some work done!) Mind you, I still found time to make a silly video on the first hour or so of Breath of the Wild, crushed down into a five-minute bite-sized mouthful. Feel free to ignore...it is very very silly;-)

        https://youtu.be/9AdUxXQsR2E

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by namastepat View Post
          I have done 100 shrines and all four divine beats. I have sunk bloody days into this game, probably 50 hours+ and I don't want it to end. I could have gone and fought Ganon ages ago, but I am still dicking around the map exploring.

          For me, I think the best thing about the game is that it's open world, but the way it's been designed leads you towards things. The map is massive and empty, but you can feel the hand of Nintendo developers helping you discover things. What's that weird valley in the distance? Who's making that plume of smoke that I can see from the top of this tower? Why are there those rocks in a weird formation over there? The world design is just second to none.
          And were did that star fall
          you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ponty View Post
            Hi Guys
            Im not a big console game player but but my teenage daughter plays a bit on our WiiU so a few weeks ago
            I was in Big W and saw Legend of Zelda BOTW and thought she might like it
            Long story short she played it for 2 hours then I had a go....
            3 weeks later I cant get of it!!
            Seriously amazing game - its huge
            The land, the quests, the things you can do and I have only started
            If you want to lose hours in the day and not get stuff done around the house this is the game
            Let me know if anyone else is playing it and how far have you got
            I have only finished 1 devine beast and found 42 shrines (120 in total!)
            This game is amazing, I'm about as far as you mate, I'm am a huge zelda fan since the nes and this game really does have it all, you might have to go back through the years of zelda games once you finish BOTW.
            Donkey Kong build - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...-replica-build

            Comment


            • #7
              Am I the only person who didn't like it?

              Like yeah it's a good game and open world and everything. However it's not what I want in a zelda game. Where are the dungeons? I don't really want to dick around with cooking. To me it would be the same as buying a forza game and then getting call of duty, doesn't matter how good the game is I just don't want to play that kind of game and it isn't what I am after.

              Comment


              • #8
                How many people own a Nintendo Switch and what are your thoughts?

                Comment


                • #9
                  [MENTION=54]Roxbury[/MENTION] has one and BoTW...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
                    How many people own a Nintendo Switch and what are your thoughts?
                    Got one on release for zelda and Mario kart, pretty awesome unit, once more games come out should be even better
                    Donkey Kong build - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...-replica-build

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The lack of games is a huge killer though right now. Unless you are dying to play Zelda or another one of the very few good games on it I would wait.

                      Mario Odyssey should be released soon which should be good.

                      Just needs heaps more, I guess by 2019 it will have a decent selection as it's not like titles or even announced titles are flowing that quickly

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I am buying one the minute Mario Odyssey comes out. I played BotW on Wii U and there are simply not enough games on Switch to make be buy one yet. However, when Odyssey comes out, I will have no choice. I must play that game, it looks absolutely phenomenal and Super Mario games are my bread and butter.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kasp View Post
                          The lack of games is a huge killer though right now. Unless you are dying to play Zelda or another one of the very few good games on it I would wait.

                          Mario Odyssey should be released soon which should be good.

                          Just needs heaps more, I guess by 2019 it will have a decent selection as it's not like titles or even announced titles are flowing that quickly
                          Reminds me of the N64 release and lack of games. I remember selling mine because I was so disappointed only to buy a second hand one just to play Ocarina of time

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Forgot I started this thread??
                            Update - 4 beasts -done and Ganon -done
                            Now trying to get all the shrines
                            Has anyone got the upgrades (DLC packs)?? Interested in if they are worth it

                            - - - Updated - - -
                            Facebook - "Arcade Furniture"
                            Crusin USA sitdown, Sega Outrun Upright, Neo Geo LAI , 60 in 1 Lowboy, World Rally Standup, Rally-X Repro, World Expo 88 Lowboy, Mirco Challenger 4 Player Pong, Taito Space Invaders empty cab, Asteroids Deluxe empty cab, 2 Player MAME project cab

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thread revival! I just got this running on my gaming PC today using Cemu Wii U emulator.

                              Running it at 60fps at 1440p. It's beautiful. The original only ran at 30fps, so running it at 60fps is nice and makes the game so much more smooth. Time to play it again methinks.

                              For anyone who doesn't have a Wii U or a Switch and wants to play one of the best games of last year, it's now totally playable on PC. Not only playable, but even better quality than the original.

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X