Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Playstation 5

Well, I got super lucky this week and managed to snag the PS5 I have been waiting for.

I also picked up a new LG C1 OLED screen to get the most out of the new console. It's a 120hz 4k screen and it looks beautiful.

Suffice to say, I am totally blown away by the PS5. I grabbed two games with it, Demon's Souls and Returnal. Demon's Souls is a game I played originally on PS3 and totally loved it, so going back to it on PS5 is just phenomenal. The graphics and gameplay are pure souls brilliance and I cannot wait to keep playing it.

Returnal is what I am going home to play tonight though. Holy crap, this is truly a next-gen experience. The graphics and sound are just amazing. However, it's the haptic feedback on the dual sense controller that really makes it feel next-gen. When you first start the game, you are on an alien planet, standing in the rain. You can literally feel each raindrop patter on the controller as they fall. This is not a vibration, like old controllers, it is a distinct patter or each drop. Such a simple thing, but really immerses you in the game. When you walk under cover, the rain patter stops.

I also installed a couple of old PS4 games with free upgrades to PS5. God of War and The Last of Us II are both games I never played much of on PS4. They have both been patched to support 4k 60fps, which makes them play so much better than on PS4.

When I finish up with Returnal and Demon's Souls, I will grab the new Ratchet and Clank, as that is also supposed to be an amazing next-gen experience.

I sitll have a half-decent PC, so I pretty much bought the PS5 to focus on all the Sony exclusives. Most Xbox Series X games will also be released on PC, so I can play them there.

Anyone else out there loving their PS5?

• Like 7

Yeah, the footage I have seen of it looks amazing. Returnal is 100% up my alley, so i am going to be spending a long time with that. Rogue likes/lites are my bread and butter and it is fantastic to see a company like Housemarque make a truly next-gen one as a launch title for the PS5.

My way of thinking before it got released was hopefully by the next Xmas (this coming Xmas), they'd iron out any usual bugs or issues that usually occur with new systems and bring out a pro model. But with all these manufacturing shortages due to covid, I doubt that would happen now. :unsure

So I'm just gonna get one when I get one.

• Like 2

My way of thinking before it got released was hopefully by the next Xmas (this coming Xmas), they'd iron out any usual bugs or issues that usually occur with new systems and bring out a pro model. But with all these manufacturing shortages due to covid, I doubt that would happen now. :unsure

So I'm just gonna get one when I get one.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting mine until Christmas at the earliest. I got lucky with a mate who works at JB hooking me up on a cancelled order at their store. Completely took me by surprise and I had to scramble to get it :)

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If anyone's having trouble getting a PS5 or Xbox Series X, I would recommend you joining Twitter and following  https://twitter.com/AustraliaPs5 and https://twitter.com/AustraliaXSX , also don't forget to turn on notifications. I believe the same person runs both and uses some kind of bots that crawl the websites to see if there's any stock, when it finds some stock it automatically tweets out the place and link to the product.

I managed to get the Xbox Series X tweet on the 20/01/2022 for preorder at EB Games, following that the Ps5 tweet was on the 14/02/2022 and that also was a preorder at EB Games.

Without it I know I would still not have any consoles, so I highly recommend you do it too.

Lastly, get twitter on the phone app so you don't miss the tweet, cause the ps5 was sold out in about 5 to 10 mins when I got mine.

• Like 1

Just now, namastepat said:

Awesome! I picked up my Series X today. Mainly just to have Games Pass on my living room TV.

They look very different side by side.

IMG_20220325_125558.jpg

I'll have to look into getting a series x I like the look of the new flight simulator 

Finally managed to get a series x but ps5 has still alluded me 😞

also still waiting for our new av processor from 15mths ago. Lmao

nearly need as much patience as when pre-ordering a pin 🤣