Game reviews by AA members

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My game DOGSTAR on steam sale - $1.47

Hey AA'ers,

A retro PC game I developed and released in early 2018 is on 50% off sale for $1.47 for the next few days. If you like retro gravity-based shooters, it will give you at least $1.47 worth of fun I think There's also multiplayer - co-op and versus, plus you can play co-op or versus modes online via Steam's Play Together mode.

It's old-school style - single screen arena-based play, the enemy AI gets harder and smarter as you progress. Travel from Jupiter to Venus in 3 minute levels, rescue 15 comrades per level to open a the warp gate and escape to beat the level, while trying not to get hammered.

Bonus stages inspired by GALAGA, gameplay inspired by some of my faves of the golden age of video games. (Asteroids Deluxe, Space Wars, Gyruss, Galaga, to name a few!)
    Online scoreboards to register your high score for posterity. Check it out

This game was a project to teach myself game design and development, and in the end I decided I might as well also learn about Steam and release it.

BUY IT HERE: https://store.steampowered.com/app/739890/Dogstar/

Here's the Launch trailer:

Last edited by Jed; 31 October 2020, 08:54 PM.

shut up and take my money GIF

Comment

This is a great game. It's incredible what Jed has done to envision and build an entire video game. It's great quality and I love the music with the sound effects. It's hard as well, so you get your moneys worth on the replays ...
      MGLXLVI - Neon Arcade - on soon!

Comment

Originally posted by OOO View Post
        This is a great game. It's incredible what Jed has done to envision and build an entire video game. It's great quality and I love the music with the sound effects. It's hard as well, so you get your moneys worth on the replays ...
        thank you OOO ! i really appreciated the time you put into testing and the feedback given too was very valuable

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
        Working...
        X