Collapse

Game reviews by AA members

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise required

Vectrex units and games are now getting insane prices. And as I have a working unit with owners manual and with two controllers & 11 games, I wish to ask, "Would I do better selling individual games and controller & unit or sell the whole lot as a package". The controller alone someone is asking $613 usd & games with box & overlay average $200-$269 usd each, working consoles $1200 to $2000. So I'm sitting on a small fortune. What would you do?

Working consoles from $1200-$2000? Sorry, but what people ask and what they get are very different.

The last working Vectrex I saw was advertised and sold around the $400 mark, which is pretty standard.

Comment

Originally posted by namastepat View Post
      Working consoles from $1200-$2000? Sorry, but what people ask and what they get are very different.

The last working Vectrex I saw was advertised and sold around the $400 mark, which is pretty standard.
      There is one selling in Oz $2000 in box no games & one on auction for 8 more days. I'll be watching to see if it goes.

Comment

You'll make more selling individually than a bundle price, you might end up with a couple or few left over games selling that way though.

Comment

Is yours boxed and complete? Boxed and complete is a different story. In your description, you say it has the owners manual, which doesn't add value. However, if it has a good condition box, it will add value. Highly doubt $2000 value though. Got a link to the auction?

I've never seen an unboxed Vectrex sell for anything more than $500, that's with one controller and usually the pack-in game Mine Storm.

Comment

I just put Vectrex in the search on ebay.com.au "international" to see whats there. Maybe Vectrex has gone stupid in pricing like pinball machines have.

Comment

Yeah, but are the prices on buy it now sales? Or auctions? People ask insane prices for buy it now, check for previously sold auctions to give you a realistic idea.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...ete=1&_fosrp=1

Comment

I see what you mean, however there is some good money to be made. Mine doesn't have the box but having the second controller is a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Limorange View Post
                  You'll make more selling individually than a bundle price, you might end up with a couple or few left over games selling that way though.
                  Do you recommend auctioning or set price?

Comment

Start off with a set price. Ebays probably a wider audience being Aust wide and international if you've got something hard to get, but there's fees.
                    Gumtree and market place more for local, no fees.
                    Auction is better if your items are in demand.

Comment

If you go with eBay try and avoid an auction format- brings out the scammers en masse. Buy it now with instant payment is the go.

Comment

What people ask on ebay means nothing really... what you need to do is look at sold items. Here's the Vectrex sold items.

What things are actually selling for gives you a better idea of market prices.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...&LH_Complete=1

Comment

Also wait for ebay seller fee offers like $1 final fees
                          you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

This is why I asked for your advise, It's important to know.

Comment

For what it's worth I sold my Vectrex Unit for $700 and got it on ebay, the games are now to follow!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X