Yet another review by MrQuan

Name: Slap Fight / Alcon (US)

Developer: Toaplan

Publisher: Taito

System: Arcade (JAMMA PCB)

Release date: 1986

Links: KLOV - Slap Fight

YouTube:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DhXuy-o5oc"]YouTube - Slap Fight / Alcon - Arcade - Review[/ame]

I said that I was going to review a classic platformer next... sorry I was too lazy to rotate the monitor in my cab I'll do that platformer next time

I didn't mention that this game has 2-player mode, but it's alternating, not at the same time like Raiden. There is also a dip-switch setting for cocktail mode. Enjoy!

Comment

Slapfight is one of my all time faves.

Brad
      My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

TOAPLAN FOR THE WIN!

Another awesome review, MrQuan.

On the technical side of things, your video editing is fantastic, and the subtitles are a great addition. There's a lot reviews on YouTube where the content is great but the video has been cut by a monkey on crack which makes it damned near unwatchable. Yours are fantastic. Keep up the good work.
        | |

Comment

Thanks

I mumble and speak wierd sometimes apparently, so I had to put subtitles in Windows Movie Maker in Vista is awesome, makes editing a sinch

Comment

Great review keep it up
            i will end up with a big pcb shopping list
            sigpic

Comment

i love these reviews keep it up mate.... i just find it so relaxing listening to ur voice... its like honey.... sweet to my ears.... lol

very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by intigod View Post
                i love these reviews keep it up mate.... i just find it so relaxing listening to ur voice... its like honey.... sweet to my ears.... lol

very interesting
                Thank you... I think? (I think I need to get a restraining order)

Comment

relax mate... im not gay....

my boyfriend is.....

seriously top review

Comment

haha, thanks

I feel like I need a cigarette and a shower after all that

Comment

good review

Comment

I'm loving the video review format! Watching the gameplay with commentary over the top is a great way to show off the game too, although I don't reckon you really needed the typeover on screen, you were perfectly understandable to my Australian ears

Slapfight still remains as one of the best scrolling shooters I've ever played and I still love the game to this day. Awesome game, awesome review!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                        Working...
                        X