No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 fat and 360S red ring of death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reflowing SMD stuff is fine with hot air it's just the BGA stuff with the solder on the underside I struggled with. I would of invested in something decent if I was going to do more then dabble, hot air was enough to get an old fat PS3 working long enough to copy the encrypted data of the HDD.

Comment

I gave up on my 360 it was just like pushing shit up hill. It's well documented that these things have major overheating issues. I repaired mine several times and put one of those fancy heat sinks on the cpu but it would last a month at best. The problem with mine was the rams separating from heat however I don't have the equipment or patience to remove them and reflow.
      Good luck getting yours going.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
        I gave up on my 360 it was just like pushing shit up hill. It's well documented that these things have major overheating issues. I repaired mine several times and put one of those fancy heat sinks on the cpu but it would last a month at best. The problem with mine was the rams separating from heat however I don't have the equipment or patience to remove them and reflow.
        Good luck getting yours going.
        Price and amount of secondhand ones these days they are a throw away console
        you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

I'll fix it up just so I've got a working one but I'll probably use the 360s for playing games.
          Cheers Trev.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by prktkljokr View Post
            I knew someone had put it up before, just couldn't remember who, or what the thread was about
            There were two in quick succession. One using the bulb directly: https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...-halogen-bulbs

The other uses a halogen floodlamp as a reflow oven in a slightly more controlled manner: https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...ht-reflow-oven
            Live on Twitch, when I can at random times | twitch.tv/ajfclark | You can vote for what machine I play, click here, follow my channel and type '!vote' in chat for details | Movember: mobro.co/ajfclark

Comment

Originally posted by tiff_lee View Post
              i've read stories online of people reflowing using as little as a hairdryer although I dare say that is just down to chance rather than precision.
              Back when we were first getting these problems with the 360 some people were wrapping their 360s up in towels with some success.

Comment

Originally posted by onetaste View Post
                Back when we were first getting these problems with the 360 some people were wrapping their 360s up in towels with some success.
                I was actually going to say that but couldnt remember if it was true or not given how absurd it sounds

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                Working...
                X