Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

PS3 Controller Mod

I am looking at making an Arcade Controller for my PS3 by pulling apart a 6 AXIS controller.

First of all, has anyone here done it yet and had any success?

Secondly I came across this site - http://www.lizardlickamusements.com/pages/boards.shtml which seems to have an item called "Toodles AXISdapter" which completely takes care of the wiring in a regard that it just plugs into the controller board and all you have to do is wire up the buttons and arcade stick.

Thoughts..? Might save a lot of hassel with soldering etc... plus I don't have a circuit map of the 6 AXIS yet....

Cheers

I've done SONY PS2 controllers.....they are pretty straight forward. They don't use a common ground so you need to make sure that you ground the right buttons to each ground line otherwise it behaves strangely. Off the top of my head i can't remember as it's been a while but the grouping of grounds is a bit random on those controllers....It's not hard to work out with a multi meter.....But for the sake of what is listed on that site...for $25. Buy the assembled version and just be done with it. It will save you alot of stuffing around with having to scrape tracks and micro soldering.

That's a pretty awesome product actually. Wouldn't mind getting one for myself when i build my high def cab and put a ps3/xbox 360 in it :)

Some will probably disagree and say do it yourself, but really...for $25? It will be much cleaner/less work. You could even interface the wiring from it to a plug so you can just plug it into your control panel easily and not have to remove all the wiring everytime you want to change back to your jamma wiring in your cab.

I am looking at making an Arcade Controller for my PS3 by pulling apart a 6 AXIS controller.

First of all, has anyone here done it yet and had any success?

Secondly I came across this site - http://www.lizardlickamusements.com/pages/boards.shtml which seems to have an item called "Toodles AXISdapter" which completely takes care of the wiring in a regard that it just plugs into the controller board and all you have to do is wire up the buttons and arcade stick.

Thoughts..? Might save a lot of hassel with soldering etc... plus I don't have a circuit map of the 6 AXIS yet....

Cheers

What games are you playing on the cabinet?

The Cthulhu board will give you digital buttons if all you are playing is fighing games, or anything that doesn't require analogue input.

I've made two sticks myself from them, and had three mates make sticks from them as well and they are very easy to use. Best of all they double as generic USB controllers, so they'll work on PC as well as PS3.

I am making an arcade controller for my PS3 just to play on the TV. Luckilly a mate at work tried to fix an analogue stick on one of his 6AXIS controller and didn't have much luck. He gave the peices to me and hopefully I can salvage the control board from it to make the controller.

I ordered the AXISdapter from that site so hopefully it goes alright. Will let you all know.

Cheers