Replacing 20Gb Xbox 360 HDD with 120Gb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing 20Gb Xbox 360 HDD with 120Gb

Before I go out and buy a 120Gb WD SATA drive (WD1200BEVS) from Game Dude, I was just wondering if anyone has successfully updated their Xbox 360 hard drives?
    Any tips or tricks?

http://titaniumfish.com/2008/10/21/x...de-wd1200bevs/

I've got a Mini-Q 450 PC with SATA, so I assume it would be fine to use? (instead of having to buy a SATA card)
    BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

I haven't done it myself but a friend did it before the dashboard update
    and has not had any problems even after doing the update.
    I will be doing my own when I have the time and the spare cash.

Comment

Cool. I might buy the drive and try it out.

I'll use this guide:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=660096
      BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

Comment

Does it have to be any specific drive or will any 2.5" Sata drive work?

Brad
        My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Pretty sure it has to be a Western Digital WD1200BEVS

The software used (in the above guide) supports WD's only:

Q. Will this tool allow me to connect a 500 gb drive to my x360 ?
          A. No. The information on sector 16 is signed and can't be changed. You can only use size where you have a valid signature for. In otherwords, if a bigger HDD comes out, you can use that signature.

Q. With which HDD's does this work ?
          A. As of version 0.91, it now works with all sizes and versions of the Western Digital Scorpio BEVS series.

Comment

Thats a good price from Gamedude, think I might upgrade my 20Gb.
            In 2 Amusements
            Arcade Parts and Accessories

Email:

Comment

I've done around 20+, can be time consuming copying everything over from the old 20gb HDD to the new one.
              If you have a modded 360 and copy of the Xbox Transfer Disc and a USB to SATA, after you have done the conversion you can auto copy everything across

MSY in Brisbane had 120GB WD BEVS for $55
              Just be careful of the revision number as I think that one of the later drives can't be done

Theres some more good info at http://beta.ivancover.com/wiki/index..._Drive_Upgrade

Comment

Ohh good info Schmake! thanks

Brad
                My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                Working...
                X