XBOX Modding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBOX Modding

I have a couple of xboxes handy and was looking to Mod them myself. I have done a bit of research and does anyone know what the best dashboard etc is to use (EvoX, XBMC etc). Also a good supplier for chips?

Also does anyone know about the Slayer installer program?

XBMC is the bomb.

Slayers is piece of cake, once you have the chip installed, throw in the disc, press a few buttons, away you go.

Comment

I softmodded one last week using NDure. Piece of piss really.

I like Avalaunch as a dash which you then have XMBC as a menu item.

Brad
      My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

softmod using NDure or Auto Installer Deluxe with a copy of Splinter Cell and Memory Unit or modified USB Key. Both work well enough.

NDures fallback to evox/unleashx (if your dash install goes tits up) is great but when using the PAL SC mod you need to copy two lots of files over to the xbox, this is a pain.

AID has alot of options. I have not tried all but, it is only one file copy when using the SC version. This is great because i can just keep that on my memcard unit now. It installs evox or unleashx. Other software is installed by an accompaning dvd. I've only used AIO for 2 xboxes so far but am happy with it.

Avalaunch is a brilliant dash when partnered up with the windows software QWIX. Wont get a faster network install/rip of games with anything else.

For a dash, XBMC or UnleashX for me. preferably XBMC, it really covers anythig the average users could possibly want to do with a xbox.
        -Games
        -Homebrew
        -Trainers
        -XLink, Inbuilt Support
        -Videos
        -Music
        -Pictures
        -eComics (reads inside zip/rar formats)
        -Weather reports
        -Plugins/Scripts
        -Myth TV Support, Inbuilt

Probably forgotten some features here too

btw: nice avatar chriscross
        - My random bits | - A Wah!Cade wiki | - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | |

Comment

For the sake of a $20 chip, don't bother with the hassle and fragility of a softmod.

Go hard or go home!

Too easily stuffed up, and then you need a modchip anyway to get the thing running.
          Q.Are we not men? A.We are DEVO!

Comment

softmod to tsop flash is also an option on models which support it. Always forget that one, my first console (a 1.1) was done this way many years ago and has never missed a beat.

Comment

Originally posted by DevoDave View Post
              For the sake of a $20 chip, don't bother with the hassle and fragility of a softmod.

Go hard or go home!

Too easily stuffed up, and then you need a modchip anyway to get the thing running.
              Agreed IF your any good with a soldering iron. Since I solder like a goddamn gorilla, I steer clear of mod-ships =( Gimme a PC or software and no problem so the choice for me is obvious.

Brad
              My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Cheers for the replies guys..

I am not too bad with a soldering iron so i will attempt to install a chip. Found a place in Sydney where they sell DUO 2 Lites which appear to be pretty good quality judging from the stuff i have read on the net.

As for the Software what is the best place to get each package? I have looked at a few sites and can not seem to find anything accessible.

I have seen a few programs on torrents but have never used them before but my main concern is bandwidth. I am only on a 3GB plan (sad i know but it is wireless!!)

Does anyone have this stuff on disc?

Cheers

CD

Comment

decent for all things console

http://www.eurasia.nu/

Comment

Probably use Slayers Install disc to get XBMC running as the main dash... then update it to the latest build:
                    http://t3ch.yi.se/
                    BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Juice View Post
                      Probably use Slayers Install disc to get XBMC running as the main dash... then update it to the latest build:
                      http://t3ch.yi.se/
                      I always had trouble doing that Always wanted to find a Y: drive after copying over the latest tech build, never had a Y: drive ever.

Comment

?
                        What's wanting to find a Y drive?
                        BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

Comment

If you install with slayer, boot the xbox and get into XBMC and shut down. Copy the new version of XBMC across to the xbox, copy the user data folder across and boot the xbox it looks for a Y; (I think thats the letter) drive and you have to do a clean install again.

Comment

Originally posted by Guru-Choc View Post
                            If you install with slayer, boot the xbox and get into XBMC and shut down. Copy the new version of XBMC across to the xbox, copy the user data folder across and boot the xbox it looks for a Y; (I think thats the letter) drive and you have to do a clean install again.
                            What version of slayers? 2.7 is out and was a bugfix release, this may well have been the case with 2.6. Not sure.

Comment

Sweet guys

Anyone got a link to Slayer??

Looks like i need to visit a friend with more bandwidth..

Cheers

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X