Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

XBOX Modding

I have a couple of xboxes handy and was looking to Mod them myself. I have done a bit of research and does anyone know what the best dashboard etc is to use (EvoX, XBMC etc). Also a good supplier for chips?

Also does anyone know about the Slayer installer program?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

softmod using NDure or Auto Installer Deluxe with a copy of Splinter Cell and Memory Unit or modified USB Key. Both work well enough.

NDures fallback to evox/unleashx (if your dash install goes tits up) is great but when using the PAL SC mod you need to copy two lots of files over to the xbox, this is a pain.

AID has alot of options. I have not tried all but, it is only one file copy when using the SC version. This is great because i can just keep that on my memcard unit now. It installs evox or unleashx. Other software is installed by an accompaning dvd. I've only used AIO for 2 xboxes so far but am happy with it.

Avalaunch is a brilliant dash when partnered up with the windows software QWIX. Wont get a faster network install/rip of games with anything else.

For a dash, XBMC or UnleashX for me. preferably XBMC, it really covers anythig the average users could possibly want to do with a xbox.

-Games

-Homebrew

-Trainers

-XLink, Inbuilt Support

-Videos

-Music

-Pictures

-eComics (reads inside zip/rar formats)

-Weather reports

-Plugins/Scripts

-Myth TV Support, Inbuilt

Probably forgotten some features here too

btw: nice avatar chriscross

• Administrators
For the sake of a $20 chip, don't bother with the hassle and fragility of a softmod.

Go hard or go home!

Too easily stuffed up, and then you need a modchip anyway to get the thing running.

Agreed IF your any good with a soldering iron. Since I solder like a goddamn gorilla, I steer clear of mod-ships =( Gimme a PC or software and no problem so the choice for me is obvious.

Brad

Cheers for the replies guys..

I am not too bad with a soldering iron so i will attempt to install a chip. Found a place in Sydney where they sell DUO 2 Lites which appear to be pretty good quality judging from the stuff i have read on the net.

As for the Software what is the best place to get each package? I have looked at a few sites and can not seem to find anything accessible.

I have seen a few programs on torrents but have never used them before but my main concern is bandwidth. I am only on a 3GB plan (sad i know but it is wireless!!)

Does anyone have this stuff on disc?

Cheers

CD

If you install with slayer, boot the xbox and get into XBMC and shut down. Copy the new version of XBMC across to the xbox, copy the user data folder across and boot the xbox it looks for a Y; (I think thats the letter) drive and you have to do a clean install again.

If you install with slayer, boot the xbox and get into XBMC and shut down. Copy the new version of XBMC across to the xbox, copy the user data folder across and boot the xbox it looks for a Y; (I think thats the letter) drive and you have to do a clean install again.

What version of slayers? 2.7 is out and was a bugfix release, this may well have been the case with 2.6. Not sure.

You still need an Xbox USB stick though don't you?

Brad

you still need a modded console, whatever type of mod that may be.

The disc accompanies the softmod installer program they have going and includes a load of software ready to install plus extras, like bios files and dashes, xbmc, dvd2xbox. It is made to keep the size of the actual exploit file to a minimum.

I used the software installers on a softmodded xbox to setup XBMC as the dash and it worked perfectly fine, which I was impressed with. I will try nuking this hdd today with the lite version of the disc since its cruddy weather outside.

Edited by sairuk
clarification

Although i'm yet to use it, the Auto Installer Deluxe disc include a HDD Prep section and most all of the software you will need to get you going. May nuke this 1.1 HDD i just upgraded after doing a TSOP flash a couple of days ago to test it.

http://www.aidtracker.com/

I use AID for installing emulators... I customised the original .iso and updated the emulators including the roms and screenshots.

I use AID for installing emulators... I customised the original .iso and updated the emulators including the roms and screenshots.

sounds like a plan if you're doing a few of them. The way the prices are and the machines uses it may be an idea for me to do the same.

EB has them pre-owned for $50 atm (or did that sale finish?)

EDIT: nup, still going http://www.ebgames.com.au/home/product.cfm?ID=116

GameCubes for $29, could make a cheap fighter cab with cap vs snk eo.

$50!

Bugger. I might have to buy a 3rd! xbox ;)

lol, i would get another one but the boss has said 4 is enough... can lan most games now :) i suppose.

Had outrun 2 going the other day, damn fun. Need some more wheels.