Twilight Hack on Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twilight Hack on Wii

I did the Twilight Hack on my Wii on Thursday and it worked. I do admit it took ages getting it to work, common SD Formatting problems. It installed the Homebrew Channel and I have been installing VC games. It works great, I have been playing Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. There are long loading times and the game froze once just before a cut scene, pause then unpause fixed it, but apart from that its been great. VC Games are perfect!

Anyone else have a softmodded Wii?

Well Done.
    I would like to get the homebrew channel on my Wii but it is a brand new one running 3.3 firmware so the TP hack is not an option.

So I had to take it to a guy & he installed a mod chip & I went & bought myself a LG DVD Drive.
    This works a treat.
    I currently have 40 ISO files, & growing daily.

While I was there I also purchased a SD Gecko card reader as he said there was a way of getting the homebrew channel using this, even though it runs 3.3 firmware. I just have not been able to find any info on how to do it.

Anyone know how?

Comment

GeckoOS (hopefully) should let you run the Homebrew Channel (HBC) installation DVD or your can install the HBC using the Twilight Hack.

The Twilight Hack is compatible with 3.3 FW:
      http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack

or Downgrade your FW:
      http://www.nes-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1139

Comment

I've always been toooo scared to downgrade my Wii (3 month old d9pro or something like that chip), it has the 3.3e I think (the latest) and it won't play my SSBB's I have 3 or 4 backups that don't work. Apparently there is something in the new frmware that stops me from playing.
        Why do programmers get Christmas and Hallowe'en mixed up?
        A: Because Oct(31) = Dec(25)

Comment

Originally posted by Burra749 View Post
          & I went & bought myself a LG DVD Drive.
          This works a treat.
          Can you advise the LG drive model, I might need to source one..

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by WOKA View Post
            Can you advise the LG drive model, I might need to source one..

Cheers.
            Any of these will do.

LG-8164b
            LG-8163b
            LG-8162b
            LG-8161b

Mine is the 8163B

Heaps of info here
            You will also need to download Raw dump

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/471073

This is for backing up purposes only of course ;-)

Comment

I don't think you need the LG drive if you just buy a geko ??

Comment

Originally posted by mxd View Post
                I've always been toooo scared to downgrade my Wii (3 month old d9pro or something like that chip), it has the 3.3e I think (the latest) and it won't play my SSBB's I have 3 or 4 backups that don't work. Apparently there is something in the new frmware that stops me from playing.
                SSBB is a dual layer disc, thats why you cant back it up.

There is a special dumper out there that does do it.

I don't think you need the LG drive if you just buy a geko ??
                Dont you need to d/l the games off the net, & it takes forever & is problematic.
                This way you just copy disc to HDD & burn, 3 hrs in total.
                Last edited by Burra749; 28th October 2008, 09:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Burra749 View Post

Dont you need to d/l the games off the net, & it takes forever & is problematic.
                  This way you just copy disc to HDD & burn, 3 hrs in total.

The Gecko is a way to backup your original games, from Wii to PC without the need for a LG drive.
                  Last edited by mxd; 28th October 2008, 11:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Was a piece of cake, see my comments on doing it in an earlier thread. I started with 3.3e, twighlight hack worked and installed fine, rest was easy. Now I have the gecko loader installed so any discs that want to upgrade the firmware just get launched from it.

Comment

I have a heap of tested PAL VC wads if anyone wants them
                      Current pins: Scared Stiff, Revenge From Mars, TMNT
                      Current cabs: Rally-X, Honey Bee
                      Wanted pins: JP, DM, BTTF

Do you have any female martians?

Comment

You can now use the Hack and install the homebrew channel on every firmware including 3.4

note during the hack install you will need to downgrade the firmware the best is 3.2e so all the homebrew works.

I have all the files including backup launcher, firmware down grader etc. Let me know if you need any help or the files.
                        Movies are very educational. Example: I wouldn't never guess that a shoot in head can kill a zombie...

Comment

I have a few SSBB that wil not run on my 3.3e ?? (D2pro chip)

will the 3.4 stop more backups from running ?

Comment

To what I have seen yes.

That is why downloading the firmware and stopping wiiconnect24 is a must.

Most of the homebrew stops as well. you can not install any wads using the installer etc.. But the homebrew channel still works and you can run programs but no installs.

But you can will downgrade the Firmware.
                            Movies are very educational. Example: I wouldn't never guess that a shoot in head can kill a zombie...

Comment

ok, I think I will look at downgrading my firmware.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X